Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by fun4now View Post
    i don't understand how this thread got so far out of wack.?? the guy didn't design it, nor is he the seller, he just welded it up and was showing off the job he did right. so who cares if it works or not ??
    if some one wants to pay me to make a square peg for a round hole, if the check is good i'll let him try to make it fit. as long as my square peg is good and he likes it. its all good.

so nice welds, glad the project was good to ya.
    fun4now,

You are 100% correct. I have done work that I and others considered worthless and/or lacking real value. However, I didn't defend it as if it were mine, calling people those who criticized it "sally's" among other less desirable entries. I just for GP's (and to make sure I wasn't off base or offendening anybody) had several people (about 17) fellow welders that don't frequent the boards and don't know my screen name check it out. all the guys that got back to me (about 11) said "XX & XX) appear to have problems with criticism and/or engaging in a rational discussion. Funny thing is I never said the tool was no good nor did I ever say the workmanship was not good. My comments were that: I think projects of perhaps more value to the average person to do a weekend project such as a welding table, cart etc. may be of more use here. Then I had to defend myself from there on out! And not once did I ever attack anybody or call them names!

Thanks for stepping in,
    TacMig
    We depend On:
    Miller | Esab | Lincoln | Fronius
    Baileigh | Drake | Eagle | Knuth
    Victor | Harris | Smith | Bessey
    Snap-On | Hilti | Ingersoll Rand
    Burco/Koco | Onan | BobCat
    Tracker | Infratrol | AmeriCast

We belong to or support:
    American National Standards Institute
    American Welding Society
    The Welding Institute
    Fabricators & Manufacturing Association Int'l.

Anderson & Co. LLC
    Metal Cr
    afters

turbo38t Guest

Judging by all ur negativity I won't give you the time of day. I wouldn't TRUST you as a salesperson. Everyboy and their uncle knows a police officerr somewhere. Do you want a cookie for knowing two police chiefs? Here ya go. Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishy Jim View Post
    Well, I happen to be friends with two chiefs of police. IF it was so great, there should be a good pitch as to what it replaces. If you sold me on the concept, I could turn from critic to sales rep and you wouldn't be out a dime in the process.

But, since you have no response for what this actually replaces. I'm not telling anyone about it. Lets see if they find it searching youtube.

Kitty beds and bandsaws. That's all you guys can come up with? I've built an entire shop from the floor to the shingles in the past 6 months, and am currently turning out customer work these days. I don't post stuff here because I don't feel the need to advertise what I'm making so other people with absolutely no creativity in their body (KY) can steal it.

turbo38t Guest

Trying to look like a saint now huh? Go back and reread your previous posts.....all 8 pages. I can't believe that you are actually friends with 17 welders away from this message board and in person, let alone you got them all on the computer to neatrally check out a message board post.......hey boys.....it's gettin deep in here.....better wrap yourselves in toilet paper!! Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by tacmig View Post
    fun4now,

You are 100% correct. I have done work that I and others considered worthless and/or lacking real value. However, I didn't defend it as if it were mine, calling people those who criticized it "sally's" among other less desirable entries. I just for GP's (and to make sure I wasn't off base or offendening anybody) had several people (about 17) fellow welders that don't frequent the boards and don't know my screen name check it out. all the guys that got back to me (about 11) said "XX & XX) appear to have problems with criticism and/or engaging in a rational discussion. Funny thing is I never said the tool was no good nor did I ever say the workmanship was not good. My comments were that: I think projects of perhaps more value to the average person to do a weekend project such as a welding table, cart etc. may be of more use here. Then I had to defend myself from there on out! And not once did I ever attack anybody or call them names!

Thanks for stepping in,
    TacMig

Quote Originally Posted by turbo38t View Post
    Everyboy and their uncle knows a police officerr somewhere.
    I have an X-son n law who is a policeman. He canít open a door using the knob!
    Thunderbolt
    Spud wrench
    Bull prick
    BFH
    As FogHorn LegHorn says:
    ďThatís a joke son!Ē

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Head View Post
    I have an X-son n law who is a policeman. He canít open a door using the knob!
    I know some like that as well.....some once they get it open would have a hard time getting thru it
    George W. Bush was saving your butt whether you liked it or not!
    Fear is temporary, regret is forever
    HH210 with SG

It's hard to argue with an idiot.
    You can't reason with the insane.
    There are none so blind as those who will not see.
    There are none so deaf as those who will not listen.
    There are none so hungry as those who will not eat......WHAT!!....this one
    doesn't even belong here.

I can't believe this thread has gone this far with so many useless statements,
    attacts on one another, negativity, perhaps jealousy, disrespect, and just plain stupidity.

This is what I've gotten from this thread:
    Someone wanted to show a project they had a connection with, some like it, some don't, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah....and now here we are. Oh yeah, I have lost more respect for certain members. Some here are
    just sh!t disturbers. They look for something to attack, create an arguement, nurture that arguement, and when they run out of brains, they turn to vulgarity.
    A few weeks ago I had mentioned to my wife how well the forum was going.
    Hardly any bickering. Then it dawned on me how many threads and posts were actually about welding related topics which I had a few questions and was looking for answers. Others had threads on projects etc. The forum was busy with welding stuff, not bs. I almost left a post saying how nice it was. Good thing I didn't. It seems to me when we are not keeping the welding interests up, the non welding related threads get started and the ones who hide under rocks come out to feed. I'm not pointing fingers.......they know who they are, and if they don't, they're dumber than I thought.
    Last edited by monte55; 03-31-2008 at 09:42 AM.
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
    DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
    Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
    20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
    Propane Forge
    60" X 60" router/plasma table

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTu7wicVCmQ
    Vist my site: www.nixstuff.com
    and check out some of my ironwork and other stuff

AMEN Monte.

I have started to respond numerous times but did not because I was not sure how to convey what I wanted to say.

I person much like SOME of us wanted to show his work, of which he should be proud of, only to have about 80% of the replies be negative or even hostile. Exact reason way I have not shown off any of my stuff (well that and I can not work a computer to post pics).

As you Monte, I have also lost some respect for some members who I thought were above the "slinging".

Anyway GOOD JOB TURBO.
    Tim Beeker,
    T-N-J Industries
    (my side bussiness)

Miller Synchrowave 350LX with tigrunner
    Esab 450i with wire feeder
    HH135 mig
    Thermal Dynamics cutmaster 51 plasma cutter
    Miller aircrafter 330 - sold
    Marathon 315mm coldsaw
    vertical and horizontal band saws
    table saw
    Dewalt cut off saw
    Sand blast cabinet
    lots of hand grinders
    Harris torch
    beer fridge

Would you guys like some cheese with that whine?

Just to stay on topic,.... I have stuff to go weld.
    Last edited by BBchevy396; 03-30-2008 at 10:27 AM.
    Warning to young ladies:
    If you wear loose clothes, beware of the machinery. If you wear tight clothes, beware of the machinist.

I'd hate to work in a shop with some of you guys....we'd have to hold hands on the way to the break room and hug each other in the parking lot.....and talk to each other on the phone for hrs after work and talk about our feelings and how I am sorry for calling you a fat ******* lazy etc.....
    HH210 with SG

On second thought...I'd love to work with some of you as it would be fun to watch you go crying to HR / the boss telling them how mean I am....and that every other word was the F word
    HH210 with SG