Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Fishy, a 19 year vet just said it looked great and would work.....what more do you want? Are ya just getting off busting the mans chops?...and for what? What do you gain from busting his chops. He did a job, it turned out and he made a few bucks. It isn't marketed to you, so why do you care?
    Don

'06 Trailblazer 302
    '06 12RC feeder
    Super S-32P feeder

HH210 & DP3035 spool gun
    Esab Multimaster 260
    Esab Heliarc 252 AC/DC

Quote Originally Posted by DDA52 View Post
    Fishy, a 19 year vet just said it looked great and would work.....what more do you want? Are ya just getting off busting the mans chops?...and for what? What do you gain from busting his chops. He did a job, it turned out and he made a few bucks. It isn't marketed to you, so why do you care?
    Well Don, it's all pretty simple really. You see, FJ's talent is limited to kitty beds and an unfinished bandsaw made out of volkswagon wheels sitting in his parents basement. You combine that with the fact that the OP produced a product to completion, made some money, and made his customer happy and it really does make sense why he would lash out like this. I wonder if Admin is aware of how he is treating people on this forum?
    Last edited by KB Fabrications; 03-29-2008 at 12:12 PM.

I see what you are saying KB....Sally (AKA Fishy Jim) is p.o.'d because turbo's project is not only completed but his is getting paid to do it......FJ why don't you get back on your project finish it then come back post it up so we can pick it apart ?....
    George W. Bush was saving your butt whether you liked it or not!
    Fear is temporary, regret is forever
    HH210 with SG

Default Ummmm.

Refer to quote #64. Not all of us buy everything were told.??

TacMig
    We depend On:
    Miller | Esab | Lincoln | Fronius
    Baileigh | Drake | Eagle | Knuth
    Victor | Harris | Smith | Bessey
    Snap-On | Hilti | Ingersoll Rand
    Burco/Koco | Onan | BobCat
    Tracker | Infratrol | AmeriCast

We belong to or support:
    American National Standards Institute
    American Welding Society
    The Welding Institute
    Fabricators & Manufacturing Association Int'l.

Anderson & Co. LLC
    Metal Cr
    afters

Who told you to buy anything?? Do what you want...I want no part of it. You are a waste of my time.

..................applying ignore button now.
    Don

'06 Trailblazer 302
    '06 12RC feeder
    Super S-32P feeder

HH210 & DP3035 spool gun
    Esab Multimaster 260
    Esab Heliarc 252 AC/DC

turbo38t Guest

The claw is cast. Once again, it's not me with the patents, it's the owner and the patenting is complete. The tool would get quite pricy with a sliding weight. We considered the deadblow idea but stuck with this. They are doing some researching still, so things may change. Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by Wacko Welder View Post
    I don't feel like I'm a "naysayer" by pointing out that a lot of the time we all have wonderful ideas, great inventions & products that serve a purpose.

But after working as an insurance adjuster and investigator for a while, which I have done, you tend to get cynical . . . people will sue you for anything.

By the way, thanks for the picture . . . . The claw on the front end looks very well made . . . .

Wish you good luck on future production . . . .

May I suggest also an internal sliding weight that could be locked inside your square tube. This would allow you to cut some of the weight elsewhere when not needed. Think of a reverse dent puller . . . .also insulate the handles in case you hit a "hot" wire . . . .

Are you "casting" the claw? or fabricating it?

turbo38t Guest

I don't have to sell you on it. You are just one of the pessimistic fools. You took my post and contorted in into your little wiggle on criticism? In the words of Opie and Anthony...."GO SCREW". Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishy Jim View Post
    You devoted a whole sentence to items irrelevant to your customers product, and this is all you have to come back with when you dodge the question again?

List the items in the 65# bag this replaces. You had no trouble naming everything hanging off the dash in a cruiser and what's typically found in the trunk. What all does this tool replace?

C'mon, you have so much faith in the device, sell me on it...

Default For sale?

Who told you to buy anything?? Do what you want...I want no part of it. You are a waste of my time.

..................applying ignore button now.
    O.k. you're right no one told me to buy anything. But there sure seems to be a lot of BS for sale here-abouts.

I applied my BS dodge button long ago!

TacMig
    We depend On:
    Miller | Esab | Lincoln | Fronius
    Baileigh | Drake | Eagle | Knuth
    Victor | Harris | Smith | Bessey
    Snap-On | Hilti | Ingersoll Rand
    Burco/Koco | Onan | BobCat
    Tracker | Infratrol | AmeriCast

We belong to or support:
    American National Standards Institute
    American Welding Society
    The Welding Institute
    Fabricators & Manufacturing Association Int'l.

Anderson & Co. LLC
    Metal Cr
    afters

Well, I happen to be friends with two chiefs of police. IF it was so great, there should be a good pitch as to what it replaces. If you sold me on the concept, I could turn from critic to sales rep and you wouldn't be out a dime in the process.

But, since you have no response for what this actually replaces. I'm not telling anyone about it. Lets see if they find it searching youtube.

Kitty beds and bandsaws. That's all you guys can come up with? I've built an entire shop from the floor to the shingles in the past 6 months, and am currently turning out customer work these days. I don't post stuff here because I don't feel the need to advertise what I'm making so other people with absolutely no creativity in their body (KY) can steal it.
    Syncrowave 250DX
    Invison 354MP
    XR Control and 30A

Airco MED20 feeder
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 81
    Smith O/A rig
    And more machinery than you can shake a 7018 rod at

i don't understand how this thread got so far out of wack.?? the guy didn't design it, nor is he the seller, he just welded it up and was showing off the job he did right. so who cares if it works or not ??
    if some one wants to pay me to make a square peg for a round hole, if the check is good i'll let him try to make it fit. as long as my square peg is good and he likes it. its all good.

so nice welds, glad the project was good to ya.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES