Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    turbo38t Guest

Thanks, never claimed it's the best, but the guys that designed it put over 4000 hours into R&D and marketing. Some ideas just don't catch on, but it wasn't even the intent of my post. I appreciate the support, but I was just showcasing a welding project and a bunch of Sally's in here(not you) took it in a tree hugging/hippy type fashion for whatever reason
    Quote Originally Posted by 84ZMike View Post
    Tossing the thing thru a car window is a great tool for distraction/diversion ...bottom line is it is a great idea and will save many lives...well as long as you liberal stay out of it and let it be....if the police in your area want it express your issues then...turbo...weld them out and sell the out of them
    Last edited by Admin; 03-28-2008 at 08:32 AM.

Sally's and tree hugging/hippy type fashion.... I like that....hey Admin can you make Fishies name appear as Sally on my computer ?.....if not can we take a vote to change it to that ?...... At least let us take a vote on it..... I officially cast mine for it....anyone else?
    George W. Bush was saving your butt whether you liked it or not!
    Fear is temporary, regret is forever
    HH210 with SG

Mikey, I am not a liberal. I am ex-military, very much anti-crime and will be greeting anyone breaking into my house with a .45 and a very happy trigger finger.

What I don't like is excessive government spending, and I see these boot gimmicks as an encouragement of such. Spending that much money instead of buying a couple extra hammers is what causes officers numbers to be reduced on the streets and less resources to be available to deal with real problems.

To the OP: 4000hrs to develop a heavy claw? Did it really take 4 people 6 months to come up with that?
    Syncrowave 250DX
    Invison 354MP
    XR Control and 30A

Airco MED20 feeder
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 81
    Smith O/A rig
    And more machinery than you can shake a 7018 rod at

Default I wonder????

Quote Originally Posted by Fishy Jim View Post
    Mikey, I am not a liberal. I am ex-military, very much anti-crime and will be greeting anyone breaking into my house with a .45 and a very happy trigger finger.

What I don't like is excessive government spending, and I see these boot gimmicks as an encouragement of such. Spending that much money instead of buying a couple extra hammers is what causes officers numbers to be reduced on the streets and less resources to be available to deal with real problems.

To the OP: 4000hrs to develop a heavy claw? Did it really take 4 people 6 months to come up with that?
    I'm a life long republican (3Rd. generation) never voted dem in my life. I've felled more tress than a herd of beavers in a month of Sundays. I own 17 guns and will defend the second to the death (life member NRA) hunt & fish on a regular basis and scorn lefty's that call stealing your money tax as opposed to "a penalty for success". Let's see if we can narrow it some more and see who is being personaly attacked by being called names?

TacMig
    We depend On:
    Miller | Esab | Lincoln | Fronius
    Baileigh | Drake | Eagle | Knuth
    Victor | Harris | Smith | Bessey
    Snap-On | Hilti | Ingersoll Rand
    Burco/Koco | Onan | BobCat
    Tracker | Infratrol | AmeriCast

We belong to or support:
    American National Standards Institute
    American Welding Society
    The Welding Institute
    Fabricators & Manufacturing Association Int'l.

Anderson & Co. LLC
    Metal Cr
    afters

Smile Well

Quote Originally Posted by 84ZMike View Post
    Tossing the thing thru a car window is a great tool for distraction/diversion ...bottom line is it is a great idea and will save many lives...well as long as you liberals stay out of it and let it be....if the police in your area want it express your issues then...turbo...weld them out and sell them
    A cinder block works very well as a distraction also . . .
    Millermatic 251
    Lincoln AC/DC "Tombstone"
    Milwaulkee Grinder 4 1/2"
    Clark Grinder 4 1/2"

Smile Face it!

Quote Originally Posted by turbo38t View Post
    Thanks, never claimed it's the best, but the guys that designed it put over 4000 hours into R&D and marketing. Some ideas just don't catch on, but it wasn't even the intent of my post. I appreciate the support, but I was just showcasing a welding project and a bunch of Sally's in here(not you) took it in a tree hugging/hippy type fashion for whatever reason
    Most people won't admit it publicly, but I would venture to say the majority of people have lost respect for our law enforcement in this country as compared to how a cop was thought of, lets say, right after WWII . . . Thats the real source of the flack you are receiving . . . .

As to the product you have been commissioned to build, I would say it is an excellent idea. Although I hope you were savvy enough to have gotten yourself some product liability and/or a legal document excluding you from any responsibility as to it's design or use. The method advocated and demonstrated over and over with the downward arching swing is toward the operators legs is begging for a Workman's comp lawsuit. Having done Workman's comp investigations, I can assure you should this happen, the insurer will make them wish they had never produced that poorly thought out video. I know this sounds "wussy", but everybody has "Lawsuit Lotto" on their mind nowdays. . . .

And please don't hammer me guys with the old "you can't sue for being stupid". If you don't beleive me, go buy a new chainsaw, & the "instruction / safety documentation will weigh more than the saw . . . I just got a new Stihl.. The fricking book weighs 2 pounds . . . . For that matter, instructions and warning are now included with a "HAMMER"
    Millermatic 251
    Clark Grinder 4 1/2"

..................and people wonder why I don't post my work here.

Turbo, looks like you did a great job.
    Don

'06 Trailblazer 302
    '06 12RC feeder
    Super S-32P feeder

HH210 & DP3035 spool gun
    Esab Multimaster 260
    Esab Heliarc 252 AC/DC

Default I don't . . .

Quote Originally Posted by DDA52 View Post
    ..................and people wonder why I don't post my work here.

Turbo, looks like you did a great job.
    I don't post mine because my welding is horrible. . . . .
    Millermatic 251
    Clark Grinder 4 1/2"

turbo38t Guest

Like I said, nothin but negative. Apparently you haven't been in too many police cruisers. They have pretty much neccessities to keep an officer safe(and honest). MDT, Camera, rifle(some have a shotgun), snare for animals, cones, flares, fire extinguisher and some first aid stuff. I used to work on them. Sure, some other small things. This tool is designed to ELIMINATE all those money burning tools you mention. Did you read the part where it's supposed to eliminate the 60lb bag filled with tools that a SWAT member carries? Now they would just need this tool and the holster to carry it. That's all, sounds to me like it would be much cheaper than all the other tools they used to carry. One of these per officer is not going to keep a department from hiring another officer. It's a one time expense, not recurring. Oh well, some people may never see the light. Dave (probably had a bad experience in your own business venture at one point in time? Just a guess).
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishy Jim View Post

Business is good. My shop isn't even done yet and I'm swamped with work.

Last time I talked with a swat team member, they didn't drive cruisers.

I also don't see how you can replace the camera, computer, shotgun, snare for animals, cones, flares, fire extinguisher and some first aid stuff or anything you mentioned with your boot. That's simply a fallacious response to what I said. Now if you wanted to mention all the stuff in the 60lb bag that this is going to replace, I would welcome that as a viable retort.

Please don't insult us by saying this replaces a lock pic set. It replaces a hammer and a step stool at 500x the cost. There's no regard for the property either. A responsible cop who isn't in hot pursuit (is anyone on foot in hot pursuit going to lug a 24# boot out of the trunk first?) would be better off choosing a more specialized tool for the array of uses your customers video depicts.

A shotgun will breech a door with more speed than your boot. And as you mentioned, they already have one in the car and it's not an ongoing expense either.

I think you're more into this thing than you'd like to admit. Did they pay you up front?
    Syncrowave 250DX
    Invison 354MP
    XR Control and 30A

Airco MED20 feeder
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 81
    Smith O/A rig
    And more machinery than you can shake a 7018 rod at