Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Default ???????

Quote Originally Posted by Broccoli1 View Post
    How you know he's talking about You? I didn't see any mention of a name in his post
    This couldn't be patronization?

TacMig
    We depend On:
    Miller | Esab | Lincoln | Fronius
    Baileigh | Drake | Eagle | Knuth
    Victor | Harris | Smith | Bessey
    Snap-On | Hilti | Ingersoll Rand
    Burco/Koco | Onan | BobCat
    Tracker | Infratrol | AmeriCast

We belong to or support:
    American National Standards Institute
    American Welding Society
    The Welding Institute
    Fabricators & Manufacturing Association Int'l.

Anderson & Co. LLC
    Metal Cr
    afters

Quote Originally Posted by tacmig View Post
    Not sure if you're getting the point. Hence, or rather "I will try and make it a little easier for you"....

TacMig
    Patronizing?

Calling the Kettle Black

Default Black kettle....

Quote Originally Posted by Broccoli1 View Post
    Patronizing?

Calling the Kettle Black
    Calling the kettle black?: Adjective as in contrary?

O.K. enough of this sh!% !! What part of LA are you from?. I'm up here in Ventura. Just finished railings and gates for Imperial suits in NH perhaps you may have seen us out there. Big job on-site fab and about 11 tons of steel. Nice facility, rough neighborhood though one guy (finish carpenter) got his entire truck ripped about a month ago and police never found the guys. Anyhow, nice to have a neighbor.

TacMig
    We depend On:
    Miller | Esab | Lincoln | Fronius
    Baileigh | Drake | Eagle | Knuth
    Victor | Harris | Smith | Bessey
    Snap-On | Hilti | Ingersoll Rand
    Burco/Koco | Onan | BobCat
    Tracker | Infratrol | AmeriCast

We belong to or support:
    American National Standards Institute
    American Welding Society
    The Welding Institute
    Fabricators & Manufacturing Association Int'l.

Anderson & Co. LLC
    Metal Cr
    afters

I live close to Crenshaw & Slausen- can be rough here sometimes too

Work is basically Fairfax & Pico

www.screamingbroccoli.net

Ventura is just close enough to be too far away on the 101

Either of you guys need a tactical boot? Mike seems to think they'll protect you from guys in cars with guns.

Ain't that the signature out there? Drive bys...
    Syncrowave 250DX
    Invison 354MP
    XR Control and 30A

Airco MED20 feeder
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 81
    Smith O/A rig
    And more machinery than you can shake a 7018 rod at

Tossing the thing thru a car window is a great tool for distraction/diversion ...bottom line is it is a great idea and will save many lives...well as long as you liberals stay out of it and let it be....if the police in your area want it express your issues then...turbo...weld them out and sell them
    Last edited by Admin; 03-28-2008 at 08:24 AM.
    George W. Bush was saving your butt whether you liked it or not!
    Fear is temporary, regret is forever
    HH210 with SG

turbo38t Guest

Thanks man, who knows if it will, but he's had alot of positive feedback from local organisations. Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by 84ZMike View Post
    Turbo nice little rig you got there......don't bother with Fishy...**** give him a penny and he could make a bomb Hope your friends get things going and a little extra $ in your pocket is always nice....

turbo38t Guest

I reread your posts and pretty much ended with alot of pessimism from you. Sorry, that's how I see it. There wasn't one polite or constructive comment. Dave Just my Humble Opinion.
    I don't think anyone here has degraded the tool nor do I believe anybody has said that it's not "cool". Only constructive criticism and forethought have been applied here as well as its use for the "average person" looking for information on these boards for weekend projects and other projects that may be of more use "outside of military and police" applications which are with out debate used less frequent than the "average person" Had you taken the time to read and understand the content as well as the context "as written" of the replies you may have realized this. I do take issue with your personal attacks calling me and others shallow minded. I nor any other reply that I have read at any time stooped to your level of a personal attack by calling names and making comments that never existed. Now, if you return to the above posts and replies, I think that you may get a better understanding of the authors intent should you read them without bias. With this said I am no longer posting here and don't feel it necessary to defend a frivolous action nor do I feel it appropriate to bandie words and use this forum for any unnecessary dispute.

Happy welding,
    TacMig

turbo38t Guest

I don't think you really know much about pricing of law enforcement tools. One part of this tool alone costs $125+. You ever try a center punch on a wire reinforced window like in a school? It's just demonstrating the 100 uses of the tool, showing what you can eliminate with it. Maybe there is one individual tool better for each job but this tool successfully does many many jobs so you can eliminate the tools you carry with you. Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishy Jim View Post
    $650 a copy...

The video shows two guys smashing away at a windshield how is this better than a hammer? They also show them throwing the boot through car door windows. Ever used an automatic center punch? They pop side windows like nothing. They don't weigh 24lbs either and cost about 20 bucks.

I wish your customers the best of luck, but given the price point and how much other equipment which is equal to or more useful costs, this is a losing product.

I'm happy you got paid to make 100 of them. You did get paid up front right?

turbo38t Guest

Once again, mising the ENTIRE concept. ( thought u were done posting) Dave
    If there is a cop on the other side with a gun pointing at the vehicles occupant this would indicate the end of a pursuit of some sorts or maybe to stop the person from leaving? Don't know just a guess. Using a battering ram or any other device for that matter doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I'd simply block the car/truck, deflate the tires have a cup of coffee perhaps even indulge on some fresh bagels and wait for the putz to come out. Do you know the stats of injured/killed officers that act too aggressively to apprehend a suspect who could have simply just waited? I know that in some incidents where hostages may be a concern is a different issue and in these rare occasions professional judgment must be used to determine if such force is necessary and consequences to the hostages, police etc., should the action fail.

Little grub for thought..??

TacMig