Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    turbo38t Guest

I beg to differ, I bet they'd put you up to the challenge if you contacted them. Try getting into a dead bolted steel door in a concrete frame with a 12#er. You might do some of it, but the lack of accuracy would make it worthless to a SWAT team member when time is everything. Just making some positive comments to a pessamistic post....Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishy Jim View Post
    "One tool does it all" - but you need two of them to do most of what they were showing.

Nothing in that video couldn't be better accomplished with a 12# maul for far less money or space in the squad car.

turbo38t Guest

It's not my desig, it's a buddy and his friend's design. It's patented, and so s the holster for it. They have some other stuff in the works too. The head is a custom made, cast and hardened alloy unit. Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    You sold a 100 of them already???!!!! GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!!!
    Hope you got a patent on it!
    All of us are looking for our "break", glad you found yours!!!

turbo38t Guest

Uh, isn't SWAT supposed to stop violence? How do you think excavators and cranes that use wrecking ***** to destroy buildings are made? They're welded together! Think a little before you post. I just posted this because I was excited about a favor I was able to do for someone because I am a welder and the learning experience it gave(and some side money), did you look over the design and description of the tool, if not the website will be up within the month. This is a multi use tool with 100 different uses, not simply a pry ram. It's designed to eliminate the 60lb of tools a SWAT team must carry with them, now all they need is this 31lb tool with a shoulder harness. But, there is still a bunch of negativity towards something trying to simplify public defense. Oh well. Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by tacmig View Post
    Hate to spoil the party but.....pry-rams are already out there and used by S.W.A.T, Police and military all over the world. I'm not a huge fan of violence so I would have to give it a 1 with my personal opinion being that welding should be used to provide for man not to destroy. Maybe it's just me but that's my 2 cents.

TacMig

turbo38t Guest

It's not a destructive device in the sense you are portraying it. It's for saving lives and defending the public. It's designed for firefighters who need to break down a door or rip a whole in a roof or pop the hood on a car or break a windshield to save a life, house, car etc. It's designed for SWAT teams needing to save hostages, stop suicidal maniacs, etc.....You probably eat beef and IMHO that would be DESTROYING the cow population. Whaabout all of the extinct animals that were DESTROYED because of your car. That's about as much sense as your posts made. Dave
    However, I don't (in my opinion) feel that these project boards are a good forum to create and share destructive devices.

TacMig...

Default Easy boys....

Quote Originally Posted by turbo38t View Post
    It's not a destructive device in the sense you are portraying it. It's for saving lives and defending the public. It's designed for firefighters who need to break down a door or rip a whole in a roof or pop the hood on a car or break a windshield to save a life, house, car etc. It's designed for SWAT teams needing to save hostages, stop suicidal maniacs, etc.....You probably eat beef and IMHO that would be DESTROYING the cow population. Whaabout all of the extinct animals that were DESTROYED because of your car. That's about as much sense as your posts made. Dave
    Not sure if you're getting the point. Hence, or rather "I will try and make it a little easier for you". However, just as a side note for what its worth at this point. I think perhaps you guys are getting a tad steamed due to what you have into the tool/weapon/life-saver/windshield-breaker etc., etc. My only point and as I stated IN MY OPINION was that I think a device that may be of more use such as a "welding table, cart, lamp, gate etc." may be of more value to those seeking project ideas. I'm not to sure your video showed a fireman saving anyone nor do I believe I saw it being used to save or rather prevent a suicide. Now I may be wrong and please do correct me if I am mistaken but I think I do remember a guy that looked like he was on some sort of upper smashing windows, doors, walls and prying open a door that once opened failed to show the saving and/or protecting of a life on the other side.

Now don't get all tight in the shorts, that is in no way my intent. I'm sure the welding was A+ along with the overall intent! My point is: I THINK I WOULD RATHER ENJOY BUILDING A NEW SWING SET FOR MY FRIENDS CHILDREN THAN BUILDING A DEMO RAM AND BUSTING OUT SOME WINDOWS. Again this is MY OPINION. Who knows, perhaps the majority of people come here looking for something to bust down doors and smash in windows for their weekend project with the kids?

TacMig
    We depend On:
    Miller | Esab | Lincoln | Fronius
    Baileigh | Drake | Eagle | Knuth
    Victor | Harris | Smith | Bessey
    Snap-On | Hilti | Ingersoll Rand
    Burco/Koco | Onan | BobCat
    Tracker | Infratrol | AmeriCast

We belong to or support:
    American National Standards Institute
    American Welding Society
    The Welding Institute
    Fabricators & Manufacturing Association Int'l.

Anderson & Co. LLC
    Metal Cr
    afters

Default Last words.

I forgot to mention a few things here that are important. (1) You mentioned that you were excited about the project and just wanted to share. I apologize if I burst your bubble and will say that for what it is, it appears to do the job well. (2) I never mean any ill will nor do I wish to engage in any unnecessary banter that may demean anyone. (3) I appreciate and respect all my fellow welders apprentice to master. Now and with that said, should I offend anyone here in anyway please email me and tell me off. I can take it.

TacMig
    We depend On:
    Miller | Esab | Lincoln | Fronius
    Baileigh | Drake | Eagle | Knuth
    Victor | Harris | Smith | Bessey
    Snap-On | Hilti | Ingersoll Rand
    Burco/Koco | Onan | BobCat
    Tracker | Infratrol | AmeriCast

We belong to or support:
    American National Standards Institute
    American Welding Society
    The Welding Institute
    Fabricators & Manufacturing Association Int'l.

Anderson & Co. LLC
    Metal Cr
    afters

Do I get two guys to tag team my door breech with the 12# mauls too? Battering rams take up less space, probably cost less, and have less probability of becoming a weapon used on your tactical team if one were to be picked up by an unfriendly and highly motivated person.

I would hope any Chief looking at buying those would also consider the ramifications of what might happen with those tines if someone were to be swinging it back at their officers. They're bulky, dangerous to the user, and probably insanely overpriced (especially since you need 2 of them for every door).

I did some looking, and your buddies don't have anything online other than the horrible video on youtube. Last I checked, police chiefs didn't search for their tactical gear on youtube. Maybe perps, but not gear.

What does a little bootie like that sell for anyway?
    Syncrowave 250DX
    Invison 354MP
    XR Control and 30A

Airco MED20 feeder
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 81
    Smith O/A rig
    And more machinery than you can shake a 7018 rod at

turbo38t Guest

Sorry for getting uptight but once again, it is not a DEMOram. I guess "Jersey Tactical Corp didn't give it away. I'll let them know that. It specifically states it's uses . Maybe the text has some bad sots but it's clearly visible. I just feel like you keep trying to pawn it off to people for somethig it isn't. The video is just designed to express how well it works for it's intentions. It is intended to take windshields out(in under 45 seconds complete). This is to demonstrate what it can do. Opening a door that once opened normally? Hello, the door would otherwise be destroyed buy a fire, SWAT team pursuing a victim/suspect etc. I don't get the part you don't understand. The company name expresses the market sector and the video shows the tools strengths. Dave
    Not sure if you're getting the point. Hence, or rather "I will try and make it a little easier for you". However, just as a side note for what its worth at this point. I think perhaps you guys are getting a tad steamed due to what you have into the tool/weapon/life-saver/windshield-breaker etc., etc. My only point and as I stated IN MY OPINION was that I think a device that may be of more use such as a "welding table, cart, lamp, gate etc." may be of more value to those seeking project ideas. I'm not to sure your video showed a fireman saving anyone nor do I believe I saw it being used to save or rather prevent a suicide. Now I may be wrong and please do correct me if I am mistaken but I think I do remember a guy that looked like he was on some sort of upper smashing windows, doors, walls and prying open a door that once opened failed to show the saving and/or protecting of a life on the other side.

Now don't get all tight in the shorts, that is in no way my intent. I'm sure the welding was A+ along with the overall intent! My point is: I THINK I WOULD RATHER ENJOY BUILDING A NEW SWING SET FOR MY FRIENDS CHILDREN THAN BUILDING A DEMO RAM AND BUSTING OUT SOME WINDOWS. Again this is MY OPINION. Who knows, perhaps the majority of people come here looking for something to bust down doors and smash in windows for their weekend project with the kids?

TacMig

turbo38t Guest

You would know the price if you watched the video. It's a new company opening up. I posted on here 2 months ago and in the research and design stage. This is where it has come too. Sorry it's not set up as a fully operational microsoft type company in two months. I just posted to show thanks to guys that helped with the handles and ideas and show what has been made. I personally don't really care how many they sell as I am almost done making my share. But, they are SWAT team members and know what SWAT teams need. Have you ever heard of a Haligan tool? Police and firefighters carry them. Take a look at the tines on one of them. IMHO it has been a fun WELDING PROJECT and I brought out all of the pessimism on this welding board. Nice encouragement to post other projects guys! Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishy Jim View Post
    Do I get two guys to tag team my door breech with the 12# mauls too? Battering rams take up less space, probably cost less, and have less probability of becoming a weapon used on your tactical team if one were to be picked up by an unfriendly and highly motivated person.

I would hope any Chief looking at buying those would also consider the ramifications of what might happen with those tines if someone were to be swinging it back at their officers. They're bulky, dangerous to the user, and probably insanely overpriced (especially since you need 2 of them for every door).

I did some looking, and your buddies don't have anything online other than the horrible video on youtube. Last I checked, police chiefs didn't search for their tactical gear on youtube. Maybe perps, but not gear.

What does a little bootie like that sell for anyway?

Turbo nice little rig you got there......don't bother with Fishy...**** give him a penny and he could make a bomb Hope your friends get things going and a little extra $ in your pocket is always nice....
    George W. Bush was saving your butt whether you liked it or not!
    Fear is temporary, regret is forever
    HH210 with SG