Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

turbo38t Guest

Default My side gig....thanks for the help!!

A few months back I had requested some help for bending handles. Anyways, I made this multi purpose battering ram/SWAT type tool for a friend's new company. Anyways, it's called the jersey boot and I have made the first 100. It's been a good learning experience and money maker too. Dave http://youtube.com/watch?v=wmSnRPHsgtM

cool

fuzzy video tho..had trouble reading it

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX

That's a pretty cool tool. Nice pitch. Congrats. But, yeah, the text in that video needs work.

turbo38t Guest

I'll let my budy know the vid needs some work. I don't get anything besides what I get paid to make em(and a few tshirts lol), but it's definitely been fun making them. Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by EdZep View Post
    That's a pretty cool tool. Nice pitch. Congrats. But, yeah, the text in that video needs work.

I've been on a tactical unit for 19yrs and I really like your Jersey Boot!!! We use a homemade battering ram and call it the "Key" because it will open just about any door in town. We use 3 of them and use them daily mostly on search warrant services (used one just last night on a weed house). Door breaching is a science/there's a lot more to it than just breaking down a door. The Jersey Boot incorporates a lot more than just busting in a door, ripping hinges, knobs, padlocks, windows, doors that open in and doors that open out, your tool seems to cover most aspects of door breaching. Congradulations on this device. Please get a patent on this device and develop a good marketing technique. There are numerous tactical magazines out there and nearly every state has a tactical event at least once a year, most involve swat competitions. I developed a "flashbang pole" about 10yrs ago, now a similar device is available for sale.
    From someone who has been in the Swat business for a long long time-good job, I speak for a lot of hard working guys when I say thanks for making our job safer!!

That oughtta just about do it for the naysayers.
    Don

'06 Trailblazer 302
    '06 12RC feeder
    Super S-32P feeder

HH210 & DP3035 spool gun
    Esab Multimaster 260
    Esab Heliarc 252 AC/DC

"One tool does it all" - but you need two of them to do most of what they were showing.

Nothing in that video couldn't be better accomplished with a 12# maul for far less money or space in the squad car.
    Syncrowave 250DX
    Invison 354MP
    XR Control and 30A

Airco MED20 feeder
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 81
    Smith O/A rig
    And more machinery than you can shake a 7018 rod at

Default Wow!

That looks really cool. I hope you sell a million.

Good luck,
    Ben
    Triggerman

Ammonia refrigeration tech
    Trailblazer 302 (yes, it's new)
    Millermatic 180 w/Autoset
    CST-250
    HF-15 High frequency
    XR15 w/Push-Pull Gun
    Victor O/A, DeWalt, North mask

"A professional knows what to do. A craftsman knows why."

Default turbo38t

You sold a 100 of them already???!!!! GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!!!
    Hope you got a patent on it!
    All of us are looking for our "break", glad you found yours!!!
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Default Hate to spoil the party..

Hate to spoil the party but.....pry-rams are already out there and used by S.W.A.T, Police and military all over the world. I'm not a huge fan of violence so I would have to give it a 1 with my personal opinion being that welding should be used to provide for man not to destroy. Maybe it's just me but that's my 2 cents.

TacMig
    We depend On:
    Miller | Esab | Lincoln | Fronius
    Baileigh | Drake | Eagle | Knuth
    Victor | Harris | Smith | Bessey
    Snap-On | Hilti | Ingersoll Rand
    Burco/Koco | Onan | BobCat
    Tracker | Infratrol | AmeriCast

We belong to or support:
    American National Standards Institute
    American Welding Society
    The Welding Institute
    Fabricators & Manufacturing Association Int'l.

Anderson & Co. LLC
    Metal Cr
    afters