Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Funny you should mention brownies!!! Was visiting a friend's house years ago, looking for something in his freezer. Found a package that I thought was it wrapped in foil. He laughed when he saw it, said his sister made those "brownies" 2 years ago...Thought I would take it home and offererd it to my wife Just told her "John's sister made some and gave me to take home. Well, as my wife is a chocoholic, she ate 2 of them. 1/2 hour later, she's talking on the phone with her best friend about something serious, and tells her friend "I don't know why I'm laughing so much..." Well, she saw the look at my face and said "YOU DIDN'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" well...I found out 2 year old frozen brownies still pack a punch
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Default nice job

Quote Originally Posted by weekend welder View Post
    While your stealing ideas here is another one using the same style scroll and the same jig. you can adjust the size of the scrolls and ring at the bottom to fit almost any pot or bucket.
    How did you bend the small circles at the center of your peice?
    Did you use a ring bender ?

The center ring in the pot holder is 2" pipe cut 1/2" long.

Default Bands, rivets or braze?

While your stealing ideas here is another one using the same style scroll and the same jig. you can adjust the size of the scrolls and ring at the bottom to fit almost any pot or bucket.
    Did you braze and band or rivet? Maybe just a swipe of O/A for your connections? I swiped both of your projects and finished with the lamp with the exception of detailing the connects. Using the design I stole from you, I went with a square tube and four sides. For the piece of furniture I would like to display and use the lamp on it seemed I needed a little more dimension. It's kind of against a corner wall with a walkway next to it.

Thanks!!
    TacMig
    We depend On:
    Miller | Esab | Lincoln | Fronius
    Baileigh | Drake | Eagle | Knuth
    Victor | Harris | Smith | Bessey
    Snap-On | Hilti | Ingersoll Rand
    Burco/Koco | Onan | BobCat
    Tracker | Infratrol | AmeriCast

We belong to or support:
    American National Standards Institute
    American Welding Society
    The Welding Institute
    Fabricators & Manufacturing Association Int'l.

Anderson & Co. LLC
    Metal Cr
    afters

Mine are held together with a quick zap from my mig. Its a red 110 volt model.

Default Lets see my design.

Can you post a photo or two Id like to see your version of my idea. Fun little projects arent they??

Default You bet..

Can you post a photo or two Id like to see your version of my idea. Fun little projects arent they??

I just got done fixing a boo-boo I did installing one of the copper bands. I finished the lamp with a "copper crackle" finish and though the copper bands would look good unfinished and raw. "WRONG", so I had to back out a few rivets and in doing so put some nice scratches in the finish. So sand, sand, clean, spray some primer, mix some more paint and hurry up and wait. I all ready fabed the steel bands and had them ready to go. This is generally how my life works, just got done cleaning up all the finish material for the two little bands (10 minutes work 1/2 hour clean-up) just to have to start all over again fixing my mistakes! Good thing I don't do this type of fab for a living! It did come out nice though and as soon as I get it re-assembled I get some pics for you.

Thanks again,

TacMig
    We depend On:
    Miller | Esab | Lincoln | Fronius
    Baileigh | Drake | Eagle | Knuth
    Victor | Harris | Smith | Bessey
    Snap-On | Hilti | Ingersoll Rand
    Burco/Koco | Onan | BobCat
    Tracker | Infratrol | AmeriCast

We belong to or support:
    American National Standards Institute
    American Welding Society
    The Welding Institute
    Fabricators & Manufacturing Association Int'l.

Anderson & Co. LLC
    Metal Cr
    afters

very nice work keep it up
    garthswelding@aol.com trail blazer 301g with all the fixins:delta band saw dewalt chop saw craftsman drill press, sp-135 mm251 spectrum 375 suite case mig, tig w/hi freq. one welding truck.