Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Old Chief

Default Old Chief

Does anyone have some good plans for motorcycle lift table. Air or Hydraulic, it doesn't matter. My son races in motocross and I would like to be able to get his bike off of the floor to work on it. Also it has to have a tire vise on it, or let me know where I can find one. I've looked around for a vise, but cannot find one.
    Last edited by glalonde; 03-26-2008 at 07:18 AM. Reason: Need an add-on to the table.
    Old Chief

FABRICATION-CRÉATION K ZEN

MILLERMATIC 210
    SPOOLMATE 3035
    SYNCROWAVE 200
    HYPERTHERM 360

Default Bike Lift

I built the one k zen sent you........ works good, so us old guys don't have to bend over to work on the bike.
    Millermatic 212
    3035 Spool gun
    Miller Spectrum 375

Default bike lift

here are some pic of mine
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Millermatic 212
    3035 Spool gun
    Miller Spectrum 375

There was a REALLY good thread on cycle lifts. Have you done a search yet?
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

That looks pretty cool. Unless you have the material for very little cost or you just want to make it as a project, here is one form Harbor frieght $379.00
    The design looks OK I would just hate to have to jack it up. The air is quick

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=94121

I have this one, its a Handy brand $800.00, We have 2 of them and use them for riding mowers, one is about 15-20 yrs old probably the other about 5 yrs old
    http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...2774_200182774
    Scott
    HMW [Heavy Metal welding]

Default Motorcyle Lift Table

Does anyone have plans for or know of someplace I can get a Wheel Chock or Wheel Vise for the Motorcycle Lift Table?
    Old Chief

Default HF bike lift..

Quote Originally Posted by HMW View Post
    That looks pretty cool. Unless you have the material for very little cost or you just want to make it as a project, here is one form Harbor frieght $379.00
    The design looks OK I would just hate to have to jack it up. The air is quick

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=94121

I have this one, its a Handy brand $800.00, We have 2 of them and use them for riding mowers, one is about 15-20 yrs old probably the other about 5 yrs old
    http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...2774_200182774
    A couple of years ago I decided to build a lift and a friend told me to check out the one at HF like the one you mention above. At that time is was a few bucks cheaper but the point here is that I couldn't have made one for cheaper and I have used and abused this thing and it keeps on working like new. I think the only thing we have ever purchased from HF prior where a few hose reels. I know lots of people look down at HF and from some of the nightmares I've heard of, perhaps rightfully so. However, my lift keeps on ticking!

TacMig
    We depend On:
    Miller | Esab | Lincoln | Fronius
    Baileigh | Drake | Eagle | Knuth
    Victor | Harris | Smith | Bessey
    Snap-On | Hilti | Ingersoll Rand
    Burco/Koco | Onan | BobCat
    Tracker | Infratrol | AmeriCast

We belong to or support:
    American National Standards Institute
    American Welding Society
    The Welding Institute
    Fabricators & Manufacturing Association Int'l.

Anderson & Co. LLC
    Metal Cr
    afters

Quote Originally Posted by glalonde View Post
    Does anyone have plans for or know of someplace I can get a Wheel Chock or Wheel Vise for the Motorcycle Lift Table?
    http://store.bobscycle.com/browse.cf...tml?AFF=690FGL

Like this?

Default Handy Wheel Vise.

Quote Originally Posted by glalonde View Post
    Handy Co. has wheel vises. Model CV-17. About ten years ago, I wanted to build an air lift for my Harley. I checked material prices, including rollers, air rams, hoses, pneumatic foot pedal and metal stock and it came to over $400. I gave up and ordered a Handy Air Lift. I've never been sorry, either. Made in U.S.A,.too.

Here's a link.

http://www.handyindustries.com/shop/manuals_reviews.asp