Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Trailer progress

Got alot more to do such as fenders, lights, paint tires/rims but she's almost there!!!

Voigt Precision Welding, Inc.

Miller Dynasty 200 DX, Miller Syncrowave 250, MillerMatic 252, Hypertherm Powermax 45, Auto Arc Trailpower 8000,272+187 lb Peter Wright anvil, 120 lb Fisher-norris, and more! Buffalo drill press, Grizzly Horiz. Bandsaw, Edwards shear, Barth Shear, bantam mechanical ironworker, Hopkins fly press, Doall Bandsaw, brown and sharpe surface grinder.

2007 Silverado 2500HD (tow vehicle)
    2000 Camaro SS (Race car)

I can't really tell from the pictures but it looks like you are gonna have some ground clearance issues with that trailer. It appears to me that you will bottom out going up and down driveway aprons and various road grades at intersections. Did you use spring axles or tor-flex axles on your build? You may have to raise the deck height and maybe dove tail the rear a little. Also, with a trailer of that length, you may have to consider putting a set of rollers under the tail end of the trailer to keep it from bottoming out and getting stuck, whether you leave it at this height or if you end up dove tailing it.
    If necessity is the Mother of Invention, I must be the Father of Desperation!

John Blewett III 10-22-73 to 8-16-07
    Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

Quote Originally Posted by dabar39 View Post
    I can't really tell from the pictures but it looks like you are gonna have some ground clearance issues with that trailer. It appears to me that you will bottom out going up and down driveway aprons and various road grades at intersections. Did you use spring axles or tor-flex axles on your build? You may have to raise the deck height and maybe dove tail the rear a little. Also, with a trailer of that length, you may have to consider putting a set of rollers under the tail end of the trailer to keep it from bottoming out and getting stuck, whether you leave it at this height or if you end up dove tailing it.
    It's about 12" off the ground, it doesnt look it, but to put it in perspective, My tires on the SS are about 13.5" wide. I checked, and when I go out the drive, it doesnt hit, misses by 4 inches.

I was going to dovetail it, then decided against it. They are spring axles, 7,000 lb.

I do like the roller Idea though.

Miller Dynasty 200 DX, Miller Syncrowave 250, MillerMatic 252, Hypertherm Powermax 45, Auto Arc Trailpower 8000,272+187 lb Peter Wright anvil, 120 lb Fisher-norris, and more! Buffalo drill press, Grizzly Horiz. Bandsaw, Edwards shear, Barth Shear, bantam mechanical ironworker, Hopkins fly press, Doall Bandsaw, brown and sharpe surface grinder.

Thumbs up

Good idea to haul two camaros..
    me Should I build one likely yours..
    Thumbs up..

[
    MillerMatic 211

Weight load???
    1)two Camaro appx:7500 lbs + trailers appx:2,500 onto trailer (7,000lbs) two axles.

2)Towing for Duramax can able towing up to 23,000 + limitation comes with truck weight load.I read other forum relating to Duramax...

Good luck...
    Quote Originally Posted by Badd00SS View Post
    It's about 12" off the ground, it doesnt look it, but to put it in perspective, My tires on the SS are about 13.5" wide. I checked, and when I go out the drive, it doesnt hit, misses by 4 inches.

I was going to dovetail it, then decided against it. They are spring axles, 7,000 lb.

I do like the roller Idea though.
    MillerMatic 211

Quote Originally Posted by Ls2cam View Post
    Weight load???
    1)two Camaro appx:7500 lbs + trailers appx:2,500 onto trailer (7,000lbs) two axles.

2)Towing for Duramax can able towing up to 23,000 + limitation comes with truck weight load.I read other forum relating to Duramax...

Good luck...
    Two 7,000 lb Axles, 14,000 total.

My camaro's weigh 3100 and 3400 lbs. so 6500 lbs total.

I dont have a duramax, it's a 6.0L Gas 5 speed manual. I'll be just over my towing limit by 400-500 lbs, thats why im looking for a Duramax Crewcab Longbed dually, manual trans of coarse.

nice job on the trailer.Im in the process of building a covered in gooseneck about 14' for all my portable welding equipment.
    Trailblazer 302
    Suitcase 12vs
    spoolmatic 3
    victor journeymanx2
    esab multimaster260
    esab handy plasma 550
    Makita grinders
    Lathe
    21cfm honda compressor
    f350 superduty 4x4
    Lots of bills lol