Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Project Challenge ?s for Admin

I have read the rules three times and I keep coming up with the same questions.

You say a person can only enter one time category. Is that one time category
    per..Around the Shop, Lawn & Garden, Around the Home? Can a person enter each of these three in different time categories?
    Also, can a person enter more than once in say....Around the Shop... as long as all entries were in the same time category?

You also stated that all entered projects must be NEW. I am taking that to mean no project entry could have existed before the 19th of March 2008 when the newsletter came out. Correct?
    Thanks
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
    DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
    Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
    20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
    Propane Forge
    60" X 60" router/plasma table

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTu7wicVCmQ
    Vist my site: www.nixstuff.com
    and check out some of my ironwork and other stuff

Default good point...

I had similar questions... how many entries, catagories, etc.

If we make something and post it here, can it still be entered?

Thanks,
    John

Thunderbolt AC/DC
    MM 175
    Maxstar 150 STL
    Blue Star 185 DX
    Spectrum 375

Quote Originally Posted by Handy560 View Post
    I had similar questions... how many entries, catagories, etc.

If we make something and post it here, can it still be entered?

Thanks,
    I would think that would be ok..........but why give your ideas to others?
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Propane Forge

i would think by new they mean don't re-enter last years project even if you didn't win then. as for a project you posted here, that should still be ok if its recent.
    would like to know about the once thing though. once per category seems like it would be ok, but we shal see.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Post Project Challenge Confusion

Quote Originally Posted by monte55 View Post
    I have read the rules three times and I keep coming up with the same questions.

You say a person can only enter one time category. Is that one time category
    per..Around the Shop, Lawn & Garden, Around the Home? Can a person enter each of these three in different time categories?
    Also, can a person enter more than once in say....Around the Shop... as long as all entries were in the same time category?

You also stated that all entered projects must be NEW. I am taking that to mean no project entry could have existed before the 19th of March 2008 when the newsletter came out. Correct?
    Thanks
    Monte,

Thank you for bringing up these questions about this years Weekend Welder Challenge. It seems the rules are causing some confusion and we want to make sure we get this cleared up. What they are supposed to be saying is: that for each project you submit you have to choose one of the two time categories within say Around the Home. You can NOT submit the same project in both time categories and you can NOT submit that project into one of the other areas (ie: Around the Shop or Lawn and Garden). You can submit multiple different projects into any of the categories. Also, you can NOT submit a project that was a "finalist" project last year!

Finally, we are encouraging you to create a "new" project but will not reject a project that you created a couple months ago.

I hope this clears up most of the confusion. If not feel free to private message me!

We look forward to seeing the projects you submit this year.

Miller Planning Committee
    Last edited by Miller Planning Committee; 03-24-2008 at 12:18 PM.

Default Cool...

Now I just need to take a month off of work so I can come up with something.

I actually asked about entering something I might post here because although I planned on comming up with something new I have a couple really recent projects and well you know how it goes... If I never find the time at least I still have something to submit.
    John

Thunderbolt AC/DC
    MM 175
    Maxstar 150 STL
    Blue Star 185 DX
    Spectrum 375

Quote Originally Posted by Miller Planning Committee View Post
    Monte,

Thank you for bringing up these questions about this years Weekend Welder Challenge. It seems the rules are causing some confusion and we want to make sure we get this cleared up. What they are supposed to be saying is: that for each project you submit you have to choose one of the two time categories within say Around the Home. You can NOT submit the same project in both time categories and you can NOT submit that project into one of the other areas (ie: Around the Shop or Lawn and Garden). You can submit multiple different projects into any of the categories. Also, you can NOT submit a project that was a "finalist" project last year!

Finally, we are encouraging you to create a "new" project but will not reject a project that you created a couple months ago.

I hope this clears up most of the confusion. If not feel free to private message me!

We look forward to seeing the projects you submit this year.

Miller Planning Committee
    To me it's still a little unclear. In the contest rules it states ENTRANTS must choose one time category of the two to enter their project. To enter in both time categories with the same project wouldn't make sense.
    To make it more clear for all.....Can one enter a project in the 1-9 hr category
    and a different project in the 10-18 hr category and both be entered in "Around the Home". I'm sure there will be more questions as we go on.
    Thanks
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Propane Forge

Quote Originally Posted by monte55 View Post
    To me it's still a little unclear. In the contest rules it states ENTRANTS must choose one time category of the two to enter their project. To enter in both time categories with the same project wouldn't make sense.
    To make it more clear for all.....Can one enter a project in the 1-9 hr category
    and a different project in the 10-18 hr category and both be entered in "Around the Home". I'm sure there will be more questions as we go on.
    Thanks
    Nick,

The rules do say Entrants, but what it is suppose to mean is that Entrants must choose one of two time categories for each project they enter and that you can not enter the same project in the 1-9 hour category and the 10-18 hour category. To your quote above:

and a different project in the 10-18 hr category and both be entered in "Around the Home".

Yes, you can do this!

Thank you,
    Nicole

Thanks for the quick reply
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Propane Forge

Lightbulb

how about
    one catagory/time per project, as many projects as you want.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES