Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: BS Threads

Default BS Threads

Quote Originally Posted by MelMcDoogle View Post
    Here is a good one for work at home programs and whitehat internet marketing tools ; bonus gift free website and money makers at: ChaseTheGlow . Com
    I think it would be nice if miller required a serial number to be able to access this site.
    SYNCROWAVE 200
    Atlas 618 lathe (vintage 1960) reconditioned DC
    Sioux 3/8 Pneumatic Reversible Drill
    Makita Everything else
    2400 square feet of Sanford and Son lookin shop space
    "Once the spoon flys, putting the pin back in won't solve anything"
    USA 15T, 15V

www.myspace.com/blackbird455

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...5/DSC00356.jpg two cans, one welder

only problem is that the harder Miller makes it for spammers, the harder it is for legitimate posters. i think many new members would be reluctant to sign up if a S.S.# was required. i for one would not do so. i don't use my S.S.N on my computer for anything. too many hackers so its never been typed into my computer. not so convenient and maybe stupid on my part, but its my choice.
    i have been on this board for many years and this guy is the first i have seen to pull the super spam trick. usually its just a post or 2 hear and there and we get it pulled before most even see it and Admin bans them as soon as she gets on line. Miller is doing a lot to keep the spam off but has to keep members on also. i freaked out myself to sign on and have 140 + posts in my mail box bear with them, this is not the norm for here.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Blackbird,
    Are you saying, a serial # from our MILLER MACHINES??!!! I think you might knock off about 1/3 of the members here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Quote Originally Posted by fun4now View Post
    only problem is that the harder Miller makes it for spammers, the harder it is for legitimate posters. i think many new members would be reluctant to sign up if a S.S.# was required. i for one would not do so. i don't use my S.S.N on my computer for anything. too many hackers so its never been typed into my computer. not so convenient and maybe stupid on my part, but its my choice.
    i have been on this board for many years and this guy is the first i have seen to pull the super spam trick. usually its just a post or 2 hear and there and we get it pulled before most even see it and Admin bans them as soon as she gets on line. Miller is doing a lot to keep the spam off but has to keep members on also. i freaked out myself to sign on and have 140 + posts in my mail box bear with them, this is not the norm for here.
    SERIAL Number NOT Social Security Number

Yeah, Miller Machine Serial Number, NOT your government serial number.
    SYNCROWAVE 200
    Atlas 618 lathe (vintage 1960) reconditioned DC
    Sioux 3/8 Pneumatic Reversible Drill
    Makita Everything else
    2400 square feet of Sanford and Son lookin shop space
    "Once the spoon flys, putting the pin back in won't solve anything"
    USA 15T, 15V

www.myspace.com/blackbird455

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...5/DSC00356.jpg two cans, one welder

another common and very effective way to eliminate garbage posts is to have a 4 day waiting period between when you sign up for an account and when you can post.

it's a little inconvenient for legitimate new members, but it eliminates 95% of spam-- spammers just move on to easier targets and forget about the site with the waiting period.
    miller dynasty 350
    miller spectrum 1000

If i remember correctly, this site helped my BUY my welders. If i didn't have access prior to purchasing i might have made a BAD choice.
    Dynasty 200 DX
    Millermatic 175
    Spectrum 375
    All kinds of Smith OA gear

ser# not SS#, my bad.
    but it still remains miller is doing a lot to keep spam off the baord. you should see some of the stuff i have pulled off the board. i dont see how they think this is a good place for there junk, but i guess thats why they call it spam.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES