Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Scratch start tig tourch . . .

Soooo who makes a good durable relatively inexpensive scratch start tig tourch? Also same thing for a regulator/guage set for an argon bottle, i'm going to be doing some tube work (rollcage) and i really don't want to use stick for the tube work.

i would rather use tig for roll cages. you can use ANY torch for scratch start .
    the basic is weld craft, bu i prefer a weldtech
    my daddy always said i was IRONHEADED....
    feel free to P/M me

Quote Originally Posted by mustange70 View Post
    Soooo who makes a good durable relatively inexpensive scratch start tig tourch? Also same thing for a regulator/guage set for an argon bottle, i'm going to be doing some tube work (rollcage) and i really don't want to use stick for the tube work.

I use the 17v weldtec tig torch and love it. It has a flexible head which eliminates different torch sizes. Just like welderman23 said, any torch can be scratch started. I bought a 80CF argon bottle, and a Victor bubble gauge to set the flow.

Lightbulb gas valve ????

remember if your welder dose not have a solenoid to control gas flow you will want a torch with a gas valve in the handle. other than that just check e-bay for one in the amperage you need.
    what are you planing to use to power the torch? (whats the welder)
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

I'm just going to be using a miller dialarc 250P ac/dc, and yes i will need a gas controll on the torch, thanks for the info guys

Stopped by a local shop and got a pretty good deal on a good torch and flow meter, torch is rated for 150amps (with a gas flow knob, and the tourch seems of good quality) which should be plenty, 30ft of cable for $150, i know i probably could have got one cheaper but i got this at cost (retail was like 240) as well as the flow meter/regulator i got for cost as well, saved bout 150 bucks, also got a collet/nozzle/electrode starter kit for not bad at 35 bucks (3 different sizes) overall pretty inexpensive for around here so i'll get a bottle of AR and start playing this weekend.