Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Project

Default Latest Project

This starts off as a classic. While pulling into a local family owned Irish tavern that we frequently visit the owner says "nice rack". Talking about the one on my truck. We get talking and he asked me if I could make a flatbed for his scooter. Explained what he wanted, it needed to flip up for re fueling.He takes it all over town hauling everything from beer, meat, to whatever else he decides. I said sure when I get a little time. Well the time came. I picked it up, made the rack, and he loved it. We went in after work for a beverage & food and he offered a free meal. We of course said no to tonight and he insisted we come in for thier next big dinner. As I mentioned above it's an Irish tavern and tomorrow IS St Patty's Day. Nothing beats a nice home cooked meal with a nice bunch of people.

Here's the pics.
    I had some trouble resizing, hope they work.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mike
    MD Welding & Fabricating L.L.C.
    mdwelding@sbcglobal.net

Nice. You could go deer hunting with that. Where would the gun and beer go?
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
    DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
    Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
    20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
    Propane Forge
    60" X 60" router/plasma table

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTu7wicVCmQ
    Vist my site: www.nixstuff.com
    and check out some of my ironwork and other stuff

Hey man nice rack, lol i couldn't resist. It looks well made what are the specs of it.

Did you use the existing holes? or did you cut them out?
    Oops! Monte might be right! Needed to make it a double-decker!!!
    NICE JOB! and thanks for taking/sharing the pics!!!!!!!
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Looks good I'm sure it'll get him a bunch of ladys!LOL! maybe if it was on a harley! good job on the rack though looks good.

It's 1/2" tubung hinged to the original rack.

Monte, He vacations in Maine. His goal is to take his canoe from CT to Maine, paddle across Moosehead lake with a rifle by his side. Once a moose is "bagged" he will load it in the canoe and paddle across the lake, load the canoe and the moose on the scooter and ride back to Ct.

2Tay530-Think about it. A canoe and a Moose on a scooter? Chics WILL dig it!

I spoke with him tonight. He did have 2 cases of beer on it and was happy. In this "green" friendly enviriment we live in what's a better way to get it around.
    Mike
    mdwelding@sbcglobal.net

Mike,
    on the last picture, I see 2 tubes that looks like it's welded, sticking up. When the rack is down, I don't see where the 2 tubings like.
    (I thought it was a support, but I don't see where it rests on the bike!)
    More explanation or pics please?
    Last edited by Bert; 03-17-2008 at 07:01 PM. Reason: spelling
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Bert
    If you look closer at the pics you will see to pieces welded to the origional rack. Those two tubes fit in there and some pins get put in the hole to hold it from moving up or down.

See it? Look closer!
    Mike
    mdwelding@sbcglobal.net

Dang Mike... you DO have a nice rack
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller Spoolmate 200
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX

Nice work, and looks like it will serve him well.