Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hey dda52 about 140 miles or so.
    you planing on doing mobile work without taking the welder out of the shop.? the extention cords are not only going to be expensive but heavy and hard to role up.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Default Bobcat options

So if you have a Bobcat 250, your only option is a VS. Looks like I'll be looking at a 12 vs xtreme soon.

Yup, you are limited to VS only, Sam. No short circuit, but it will run a mean flux core and dual shield. FWIW, there was a Super S-32P in the San Antonio Craig's List the other day. It was the model that preceeded the 12VS. Mine works great.
    Don

'06 Trailblazer 302
    '06 12RC feeder
    Super S-32P feeder

HH210 & DP3035 spool gun
    Esab Multimaster 260
    Esab Heliarc 252 AC/DC

Quote Originally Posted by dabeldesign View Post
    Yeah, I need another wirefeeder to set-up and run 5/64" NR-232 wire. The 211 is only really good for the thinner stuff espeically when it's only .035" dia wire.
    you are 1st one to use this on this forum that ive found. nobody in my area knows how to use it. or ever heard of it

It isn't very popular around me either. I haven't used it either...yet. Dual shield actually worked a little better for my needs. I plan on getting some Hobart T-8 wire soon, though. Have something coming up that it should be perfect for.
    Don

'06 Trailblazer 302
    '06 12RC feeder
    Super S-32P feeder

HH210 & DP3035 spool gun
    Esab Multimaster 260
    Esab Heliarc 252 AC/DC

Quote Originally Posted by beamwalker View Post
    you are 1st one to use this on this forum that ive found. nobody in my area knows how to use it. or ever heard of it
    Actually, it was .068" NR-232 (don't know where I got the 5/64" from...sorry). I used it a couple years ago but I have yet to run it on my rig (like I said, I don't even have the right gun or drive rolls for my feeder to run it). I'm all set up for mobile work but I've stayed busy in the shop for about 6 mos. Probably 70% of what I do in the shop has been short-arc Mig (using my suitcase 8rc). I don't really do structural work, just repairs and custom fab (small shop ). So far with the heavier fab work, I've gotten by fine with 6011 and 7018 rod.

I'm curious, what are you guys running and for what application (pipe, structural steel, etc, etc)?I've seen a few people using coreshield 8 around here for structural work(don't remember the size though)...
    Last edited by dabeldesign; 05-27-2007 at 06:01 PM.

im using .072 for all all apps. for small stuff i run one downhill then one back up hill. this is a high speed wire. if you using tb 302 you need about 24.3 volts on wire setting. your wire speed should be close to 175 ipm. keep wire in puddle and wait for flux to catch up to you. you can see it. it looks like little gold specks in it. should come off pretty easy. if you see chicken tracks then increase wire speed a little. should lay a caulk joint almost. on verts same thing let flux push you up. will peel by itself dont stay in one spot to long as it will shoot right thru 1/2 inch steel. your amps will read about 230-250.

Quote Originally Posted by beamwalker View Post
    im using .072 for all all apps. for small stuff i run one downhill then one back up hill. this is a high speed wire. if you using tb 302 you need about 24.3 volts on wire setting. your wire speed should be close to 175 ipm. keep wire in puddle and wait for flux to catch up to you. you can see it. it looks like little gold specks in it. should come off pretty easy. if you see chicken tracks then increase wire speed a little. should lay a caulk joint almost. on verts same thing let flux push you up. will peel by itself dont stay in one spot to long as it will shoot right thru 1/2 inch steel. your amps will read about 230-250.
    Nice info, thanks Beamwalker!