Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Garage Shop

Default Garage Shop

A few weeks ago there were many threads on welding tables and garage shops and as a result, it inspired me to build my own garage shop (in the guest house to keep my wife happy of course). Anyway, I stole some of my hand tools and power tools from my real shop (not to mention a welder or 2) and got started on my welding table. I like a lot of room so my table will be an 8'X4' so I can fab, grind and put my plasma grid on top. Kind of a multi purpose weld table with lots of goodies. I just got started and as you can see I'm a measure freak and even use lasers. I hate tables that are not square. I plan to have the ability to raise and lower the table via hydraulics and have lots of goodies for user/welder comfort. This will take some time as even my spare time seems to be getting far and few but I'll keep you guys up to date and of course take all the help and advice I can!

TacMig
    Attached Images Attached Images
    We depend On:
    Miller | Esab | Lincoln | Fronius
    Baileigh | Drake | Eagle | Knuth
    Victor | Harris | Smith | Bessey
    Snap-On | Hilti | Ingersoll Rand
    Burco/Koco | Onan | BobCat
    Tracker | Infratrol | AmeriCast

We belong to or support:
    American National Standards Institute
    American Welding Society
    The Welding Institute
    Fabricators & Manufacturing Association Int'l.

Anderson & Co. LLC
    Metal Cr
    afters

Sweet!! looking good so far. did you get your plans from miller?

Default Wing'n it.

Quote Originally Posted by 2tay530 View Post
    Sweet!! looking good so far. did you get your plans from miller?
    I'm just wing'n it so far. At my real shop we have 3 tables that we have modified through the years and the guys seem to be happy with them, but for me, I'm hoping to incorporate all the "I wish I would-a" things into it without losing space. So I will just take my time and any advice here I can.......

Thanks,

TacMig
    We depend On:
    Miller | Esab | Lincoln | Fronius
    Baileigh | Drake | Eagle | Knuth
    Victor | Harris | Smith | Bessey
    Snap-On | Hilti | Ingersoll Rand
    Burco/Koco | Onan | BobCat
    Tracker | Infratrol | AmeriCast

We belong to or support:
    American National Standards Institute
    American Welding Society
    The Welding Institute
    Fabricators & Manufacturing Association Int'l.

Anderson & Co. LLC
    Metal Cr
    afters

Very nice
    I look forward to seeing what modifications you use.
    Millermatic 210