Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Miller has an excellent Tig handbook fer 25.00 or you can download the chapters.

http://www.millerwelds.com/education/TIGhandbook/

Quote Originally Posted by monte55 View Post
    I requested some samples yesterday. Anyone have an idea how long to receive? Do they confirm by E Mail?
    Bert. It's Carmens turn
    Did I miss something??? what is it my turn for?
    Carmen Electrode (Arc-Zone.com)
    CarmenElectrode.com

powered by... Arc-Zone.com (R) Inc.

If you don't want to download for free, and rather buy the TIG book for $25, buy this instead!!!!! They shipped to me for FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Miller Student Package $25.00

Miller Reference Books:
    GMAW Pulsed Spray Transfer
    GTAW Gas Tungsten Arc Welding
    GMAW Gas Metal Arc Welding

Guidelines for GMAW Welding
    The Fundamentals of Solid State
    Principles of Arc Welding
    Handbook for Resistance Spot Welding
    Arc Stud Welding Fundamentals
    Paralleling Arc Welding Power Sources
    Basic Electricity
    Welding and the World of Metals
    Universal Safety Symbol Poster
    (3) Miller Slide Calculators Stick, MIG, and TIG
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Quote Originally Posted by monte55 View Post
    I have been reading my brains out on old threads, links supplied by members etc. I have searched till I'm searched out. I have a Syncro 200 Tig(transformer) machine.
    I have heard a lot of you like red(Thoriated)which are radio active, can be used on aluminum and as an all around tungsten but not the best choice for aluminum. They work but the ball seems to develope off kilter at times or small ball will develope off center if that makes sense. I didn't realize the were
    radio active. Guess I should have paid more attention(thanks forum members).
    I have a supply in several sizes and will use them(carefully)on steel which they are recommended and do well with DC.
    What I want is a good replacement for pure(green) to be used on aluminum ac that is not ACTIVE, holds its tip, lasts longer etc. There are so many choices, I'm confused.
    Anyone using a square wave machine and having good luck with a particular
    tungsten on aluminum, please chime in and explain why. Thanks.
    Nick
    I now use only lanthanated for mild steel, stainless and aluminum. I first tried ceriated as a replacement for thoriated and later tried the lanthanated.
    The ceriated worked ok but I think I can get a little more amperage capability from the lanthanted.
    I currently use a Syncrowave 350.

Griff

Blue gets my vote also.

Heck, all along I thought the tungsten was color coded to the machine.

I use red- coded thoriated for everything. I try to keep the tip out of the puddle and, if you can, you won't be resharpening them very frequently.

For those of you who aren't convinced of the safety of the thoriated tungstens, please send them to me. I'll gladly pay postage.

Hey Bert,

Want to offer up any of those Word Docs you are saving............

You can email them as attachments to me if you would be so kind.....

rvb100@comcast.net

Thanks
    RoyB
    Dartmouth, MA

http://www.rvbprecision.com

Millermatic 185 MIG
    Miller Diversion 165
    Purox W200 O/A
    Grizzly 9957 Mill
    Grizzly 4030 Metal Band Saw
    Grizzly 1050 Knife Belt Sander
    Jet 1236 Metal Lathe
    TP Blast Cabinet

rbertalotto , YEAH! I'll send them to you Email me at:

bert@pleasegivemeyourdocuments@biteme.com

Not much in their as I just started, I gotta get some time and go through the old posts that had SO MUCH information...
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time