Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rebar Trees

great to here it. be willing to acept a lil bit of crankyness along with the new job as she will likely be a bit worn out at first wile she gets used to working and the lose of a lil sleep.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Startford, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada

yes shes still going to high school I'm graduating this year and going to be working full time in almost 13 days ill be out in the real world shes going to be done next year shes in grade 11 and should have been one 2 years ago but dropped out now she came back and trying again which I'm very happy about I cant wait until she starts full time that way she wont be at home bored to death!

I'm going to do this project, Rebar Trees remeber?, this weekend. I was checking out some angle grinders and found a sweet little 4" makita for 50 bucks. Besides the obvious difference of .5 inches in diameter is there a real difference between a 4.5" and a 4" angle grnder? Is it harder to find disks for a 4" grinder?

Bullet Industries, HarborFreight, etc all have both. both size disk cost about the same... 41/2 inch disk will last longer... "more grind for the Buck"..
    Jim

i think the biggest thing to look for in a grinder is the amp rateing. any thing under 5amps is going to be week and could cause problems. well you also want to look for solid construction. the cheepos you see on e-bay for a $1 are not werth the shipping so stay clear of them. i have herd HF's 4.5 is a good one but never tryed it. B&D makes a contractors grad 4.5" grinder(green one) at wally world for about $49.00 and is said to be a nice one also. i like the feel of it and will be giveing one a try as soon as my old B&D dies. the standerd B&D's are not the best and will only last about 6 months of hard work, i been threw about 10 of them. wally world will take back any thing. i am realy looking foreward to trying the green one though, might just get one befor the old B&D dies.
    youngwelder_154
    glad all is going smooth. a happy home life is always a good thing, no one wants to come home from work to a stressfull house.
    ok dateing show is over now we return you to your normaly scheduald programming.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Smile

Hi, this is my first post and I don't know if it will be alright. I'll start by saying I have benefitted greatly by rading some of the articles on this website. I had my first experience at welding about 35 years ago when I bought a stick welder. Over the uears I have done various projects like making gates, security bars for windows, BarBQ barrels etc. I am particularly interested in this discussion of the rebar trees because I have some grape vines and wanted a decorative way to allow them to grow. My plan was to use something like the tree, a rebar trellis, thus my interest. I looked up some ideas on the web and found one I think would work for me, actually several, but I will narrow it down. If worthy, I will try to post pictures for perusal and critique. You guys even get into interpersonal relationships (wives, girlfriends) that is good. Where would a lot of us be if it were not for the women in our life that support us, encourage us and yes 'fight' with us (not literally), and love us? I have been with mine for 42 years and I have to admit that she gets credit for making us what we are. Enough of that! Keep up the good info, it is encouraging and interesting for us who have not arrived as far as how to do some of the things mentioned on this site. I thank you--much.
    L8starR

welcome, good to have ya with us. lot of realy good guys one here and we try to keep things light as much as possible. nothing wrong with getting a lil off subject once in a wile.
    i agree without our ladies we would all be greasy, stinky, 1/2 starved beast.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

JAMES