Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums
 
Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 33
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    541

    Default

    I could not imagine anyone would have been offended. I am from Indiana, don't care if I am called a Yank, proud of it. Proud to be an American, proud to be who I am period.
    Tim Beeker,
    T-N-J Industries
    (my side bussiness)

    Miller Synchrowave 350LX with tigrunner
    Esab 450i with wire feeder
    HH135 mig
    Thermal Dynamics cutmaster 51 plasma cutter
    Miller aircrafter 330 - sold
    Marathon 315mm coldsaw
    vertical and horizontal band saws
    table saw
    Dewalt cut off saw
    Sand blast cabinet
    lots of hand grinders
    Harris torch
    beer fridge

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    flat , and lots of dirt
    Posts
    123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Where did the North vs. the South thing come in here? I think this started off as Aluminum? AND...I believe the Civil War has been over for some time!

    I've had a few complaints regarding this thread... Please leave your prejudices at the "door" when you sign in.

    Thanks
    OMG.............. PREJUDICES??????? GOSH I MISSED THOSE. ADMIN, HAVE YOU SEEN THE SUN LATELY?

    WHO SAID ANYTHING PREJUDICE?????????????????????????????????????

    HERE WE WERE HAVING FUN , we did not break any rules, we never had any NORTH VS SOUTH ISSUES HERE , IF I AM RIGHT I BELIEVE MY FRIEND WAS REFERRING TO THE RED RIVER AND ANYONE WHO MAY BE SO UNFORTUNATE NOT TO LIVE BETWEEN THE RED AND RIO GRANDE. AND IF YOU ARE REFERRING TO MY FRIENDS TATTOO ON HIS ARM AS YOU HAVE QUOTED "PREJUDICES" YOU NEED TO DO TWO THINGS................

    1. READ THE DEFINITION OF PREJUDICE(WWW.DICTIONARY.COM ITS FREE!!!)

    2. UNDERSTAND THAT JUST BECAUSE HE HAS A CONFEDERATE TATTOO ON HIS ARM, DOESN'T MAKE HIM A "HATER" OF ANYONE, OR AS YOU PUT IT A" PRE-JUDGER", SUGGESTING OR IMPLYING THAT JUST BECAUSE HE HAS SAID TATOO, IT MAKES HIM A RACIST OR AS THE RACIST MINDSET INSPIRED TERM IMPLIES "HE'S PREJUDICED , MAIN!!!"

    IT WOULD APPEAR THAT YOU ARE THE PREJUDICED ONE HERE SUGGESTING THAT ONE OF YOUR PATRONS IS PREJUDICED JUST BECAUSE OF A TATOO OR SOME PROUD FRIENDLY, PLAYFUL JAB (IN CASE YOU HAVE NEVER BEEN IN THE SOUTHERN U.S. TEXANS ARE THE MOST PROUD OF ALL 50 STATES TO LIVE WHERE THEY LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

    MAKE THAT THREE THINGS,

    MOVE YOUR HEAD TO A LOCATION WHERE YOU CAN SEE THE FLOURESCENT LIGHTS BATHING YOUR CUBICLE.............YEAH, I'M SAYING THAT.

    AND IF YOU GO AHEAD AND DELETE MY ACCOUNT (CONTEMPT OF COP KINDA REACTION), I'LL BE BACK ON HERE UNDER A DIFFERENT NAME FASTER THAN YOU CAN SPELL PREJUDICED AND UNDERSTAND ITS DEFINITION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    WE WILL STICK TO RELEVANT TOPICS AS LONG AS YOU GO THROUGH EVERY THREAD AND NIT PICK EVERY WORD AND PHRASE AND POST THAT DOESNT INCLUDE THE WORDS ALUMINUM, STEEL, WELDER, GRINDER.

    SO WHATS YOUR FAVE ALLOY ANYWAY?
    SYNCROWAVE 200
    Atlas 618 lathe (vintage 1960) reconditioned DC
    Sioux 3/8 Pneumatic Reversible Drill
    Makita Everything else
    2400 square feet of Sanford and Son lookin shop space
    "Once the spoon flys, putting the pin back in won't solve anything"
    USA 15T, 15V

    www.myspace.com/blackbird455

    http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...5/DSC00356.jpg two cans, one welder

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    dallas tx
    Posts
    325

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird455 View Post
    OMG.............. PREJUDICES??????? GOSH I MISSED THOSE. ADMIN, HAVE YOU SEEN THE SUN LATELY?

    WHO SAID ANYTHING PREJUDICE?????????????????????????????????????

    HERE WE WERE HAVING FUN , we did not break any rules, we never had any NORTH VS SOUTH ISSUES HERE , IF I AM RIGHT I BELIEVE MY FRIEND WAS REFERRING TO THE RED RIVER AND ANYONE WHO MAY BE SO UNFORTUNATE NOT TO LIVE BETWEEN THE RED AND RIO GRANDE. AND IF YOU ARE REFERRING TO MY FRIENDS TATTOO ON HIS ARM AS YOU HAVE QUOTED "PREJUDICES" YOU NEED TO DO TWO THINGS................

    1. READ THE DEFINITION OF PREJUDICE(WWW.DICTIONARY.COM ITS FREE!!!)

    2. UNDERSTAND THAT JUST BECAUSE HE HAS A CONFEDERATE TATTOO ON HIS ARM, DOESN'T MAKE HIM A "HATER" OF ANYONE, OR AS YOU PUT IT A" PRE-JUDGER", SUGGESTING OR IMPLYING THAT JUST BECAUSE HE HAS SAID TATOO, IT MAKES HIM A RACIST OR AS THE RACIST MINDSET INSPIRED TERM IMPLIES "HE'S PREJUDICED , MAIN!!!"

    IT WOULD APPEAR THAT YOU ARE THE PREJUDICED ONE HERE SUGGESTING THAT ONE OF YOUR PATRONS IS PREJUDICED JUST BECAUSE OF A TATOO OR SOME PROUD FRIENDLY, PLAYFUL JAB (IN CASE YOU HAVE NEVER BEEN IN THE SOUTHERN U.S. TEXANS ARE THE MOST PROUD OF ALL 50 STATES TO LIVE WHERE THEY LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

    MAKE THAT THREE THINGS,

    MOVE YOUR HEAD TO A LOCATION WHERE YOU CAN SEE THE FLOURESCENT LIGHTS BATHING YOUR CUBICLE.............YEAH, I'M SAYING THAT.

    AND IF YOU GO AHEAD AND DELETE MY ACCOUNT (CONTEMPT OF COP KINDA REACTION), I'LL BE BACK ON HERE UNDER A DIFFERENT NAME FASTER THAN YOU CAN SPELL PREJUDICED AND UNDERSTAND ITS DEFINITION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    WE WILL STICK TO RELEVANT TOPICS AS LONG AS YOU GO THROUGH EVERY THREAD AND NIT PICK EVERY WORD AND PHRASE AND POST THAT DOESNT INCLUDE THE WORDS ALUMINUM, STEEL, WELDER, GRINDER.

    SO WHATS YOUR FAVE ALLOY ANYWAY?
    THANK YOU blackturdbut you and tnjind are still YANKS...
    my fave alloy is aluminum. i walk in to the beer store and can smell the high grade aluminum they use for the pull tabs.
    my daddy always said i was IRONHEADED....
    feel free to P/M me

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    541

    Default

    I wonder what grade is used in the tabs? Hmmmm.

    Oh and no offence taken.
    Tim Beeker,
    T-N-J Industries
    (my side bussiness)

    Miller Synchrowave 350LX with tigrunner
    Esab 450i with wire feeder
    HH135 mig
    Thermal Dynamics cutmaster 51 plasma cutter
    Miller aircrafter 330 - sold
    Marathon 315mm coldsaw
    vertical and horizontal band saws
    table saw
    Dewalt cut off saw
    Sand blast cabinet
    lots of hand grinders
    Harris torch
    beer fridge

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Oahu, Hawaii
    Posts
    2,469

    Default

    YEEEESH!!!!! Not to get on admin's nerves? but where does Hawaii fit in to all this?
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Oahu, Hawaii
    Posts
    2,469

    Default

    BTW Monte, how are you coming with the dish? Any better??
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    541

    Default

    Would extruded aluminum weld different?

    How can you tell if it's extruded?

    Is there a chart listing all of the aluminum types and chericterists?
    Tim Beeker,
    T-N-J Industries
    (my side bussiness)

    Miller Synchrowave 350LX with tigrunner
    Esab 450i with wire feeder
    HH135 mig
    Thermal Dynamics cutmaster 51 plasma cutter
    Miller aircrafter 330 - sold
    Marathon 315mm coldsaw
    vertical and horizontal band saws
    table saw
    Dewalt cut off saw
    Sand blast cabinet
    lots of hand grinders
    Harris torch
    beer fridge

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Raymore Missouri
    Posts
    1,920

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    BTW Monte, how are you coming with the dish? Any better??
    If you mean the welding material from the dish.... yes. The welds are getting better. Not great, just better. Last night I cut a piece in two....butted them togther and tigged the seam. I didn't burn the seam edge away(that's a first)
    ran beads from edge to edge without collapsing the base material at each end (also good).
    T joints leave something to be desired yet.
    When learning to tig...everyone says to PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE.
    Well I guess all I did was practice, practice. Maybe the better welds don't happen untill your're in the third PRACTICE part of the learning curve.
    Nick
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
    DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
    Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
    20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
    Propane Forge
    60" X 60" router/plasma table

    www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTu7wicVCmQ
    Vist my site: www.nixstuff.com
    and check out some of my ironwork and other stuff

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Raymore Missouri
    Posts
    1,920

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tnjind View Post
    Would extruded aluminum weld different?

    How can you tell if it's extruded?

    Is there a chart listing all of the aluminum types and chericterists?
    I'm not sure if the welding is much different but I'll bet it is.
    Just about any special shape has to be extruded. Patio door frames, 80/20
    alum, storm window frames, shower door tracks, table saw fence systems, etc. I have no idea what grade it could be related to or if all extruded is
    equal in grade.
    Maybe someone here knows and will chime in.
    nick
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
    DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
    Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
    20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
    Propane Forge
    60" X 60" router/plasma table

    www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTu7wicVCmQ
    Vist my site: www.nixstuff.com
    and check out some of my ironwork and other stuff

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    near rochester NY
    Posts
    9,881

    Default

    Blackbird455
    some people are easily offended, don't hold it against admin. she gets the complaints and has to try to keep every one happy........well best she can any ways.
    we have entered the area of mushy sensitivity for one and all.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

    feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 62

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 137