Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by TS-Off-Road View Post
    Airgas/Miller will lease to own to businesses only. It's a fairly good deal if you qualify and can afford the 12+1 plan. Divide the full cost by 12 and that's your payment each month - make one extra payment at the end of 12 months, and you own it. That was the deal a couple years ago when I looked into it. I ended up getting a personal 3yr loan (lower payments). If you lease from Miller for a longer than 1 yr, than it's not such a good deal anymore - bank loans are cheaper long term.
    Just another reason to buy red machines!! They like dealing with individuals!

Thank you all for your replies, I guess it's a trip to my local credit Union. I think at 9.5% interest for a three yr plan I can handle a 100 bucks a month. I hate loans, I'd love to just "come up with the money" but life now days ain't as rich as it was a few yrs. back. I'm looking at the Miller Bobcat 250 Welder/Gen. I see them on E-bay for about 3100 with free shipping. Do you all think thats the way too go? Again Thank you for the Information.

David

For the same $$ price wise you could get a Ranger 250 from a local supplier and get 3.9% financing..............and frankly no I don't think a Bobcat is the way to go.

I would say that a Ranger 250 is heads and tails above a bobcat.
    I have seen a least a couple businesses supported by a Ranger 250
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by dsgsr View Post
    Thank you all for your replies, I guess it's a trip to my local credit Union. I think at 9.5% interest for a three yr plan I can handle a 100 bucks a month. I hate loans, I'd love to just "come up with the money" but life now days ain't as rich as it was a few yrs. back. I'm looking at the Miller Bobcat 250 Welder/Gen. I see them on E-bay for about 3100 with free shipping. Do you all think thats the way too go? Again Thank you for the Information.

David

9.5% sounds pretty stiff. Most of the credit unions in California will give you 5 to 6% on a personal loan if you have a small account with them....mabe you should shop around a little more.
    Last edited by Synchroman; 03-10-2008 at 05:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SMTatham View Post
    Just another reason to buy red machines!! They like dealing with individuals!

h*ll yeah red is a nice color

Thanks Guys, I will shop around. Why do you say the Lincoln is better, I thought Miller was king?

David

Quote Originally Posted by dsgsr View Post
    Thanks Guys, I will shop around. Why do you say the Lincoln is better, I thought Miller was king?

David
    They are both good American companys! I would chose the Ranger 250 also as it has a better welding arc than the boobcat.