Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default Built my TIG Cart today.......(Rod Holder)

We, I built my TIG cart today. The filler rod holder came out pretty good if I say so myself!

Lots more pictures and description here:

http://public.fotki.com/Rbertalotto/...-syncrowave-1/

lookin good
    my daddy always said i was IRONHEADED....
    feel free to P/M me

Good idea. I hope you don't mind my copying it a bit. Right now my filler rod bundles are just flopping around between the bottles.

Side note. A guy with a Sincrowave pop riveting aluminum together and posting it on a Welding board?
    Weekend wannab racer with some welders.

Side note. A guy with a Sincrowave pop riveting aluminum together and posting it on a Welding board?

YOU WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to bring this up! I even told my wife that I would take heat for this............:-)

Four reasons......#1 I don't know how to TIG yet....#2, the aluminum retainers actually are tightly holding the tubes. They would melt if I put heat to the aluminum. And #3, if I ever need to replace a tube, I can drill out the Pop Rivet and remove the broken tube......and #4, I just love to pop rivet stuff...:-)
    RoyB
    Dartmouth, MA

http://www.rvbprecision.com

Millermatic 185 MIG
    Miller Diversion 165
    Purox W200 O/A
    Grizzly 9957 Mill
    Grizzly 4030 Metal Band Saw
    Grizzly 1050 Knife Belt Sander
    Jet 1236 Metal Lathe
    TP Blast Cabinet

Default Hey! Not fair!

mad: Aw, cmon! That's the first thing I noticed, Vicegrip just beat me to it, 'cause of the time-zone, and I had to sleep! or I WOULD have seen it last night at 1am, right before I went to sleep I'm just wondering where the tank of Argon is going to go???!!!
    Nice job, looks good
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

The Argon tank is mounted...the dials are just peeking out in one of the pictures. Right next to the rod tubes

Lots more pictures on my web site photo album...

www.rvbprecision.com

Thanks
    RoyB
    Dartmouth, MA

http://www.rvbprecision.com

Millermatic 185 MIG
    Miller Diversion 165
    Purox W200 O/A
    Grizzly 9957 Mill
    Grizzly 4030 Metal Band Saw
    Grizzly 1050 Knife Belt Sander
    Jet 1236 Metal Lathe