Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Never thought about that one.I'll have to check that out the next time an AL job comes up. I have seen the T.V. affected by my wife's sewing machine. The pitch of the speakers & the lines on the screen would change with the RPM of the sewing machine. VERY ANNOYING AS SHE ALWAYS SEEMED TO SEW DURING THE ''GOOD PART'' OF THE SHOW.

I've never had any complaints from the neighbors as far as interference and that stuff is concerned. I do have one neighbor that likes to piss and moan about the noise levels every time I fire up the old engine drive to do some small job in the driveway or garage (we still lack a plug for my machine, Grandma won't let me unplug the dryer every time I need to weld something). This same neighbor also used to ***** ever time I'd drive away in my old 79 Chevy with the straight-pipes. I used to drive by her house, stop at the stopsign, stomp it and squall the tires around the corner just to piss her off. I can see where the HF TIG might cause a problem, might want to check that out but other than that everything should be fine.
    At Home
    Miller Thunderbolt XL AC/DC
    Performance Tools 6" Bench Grinder
    Craftsman Hand Tools
    Craftsman Cordless Drills

DeWalt Angle Grinder
    1976 AMC Jeep CJ7
    1980 Ford F150 Custom
    1994 Chevrolet Silverado C1500

At Work
    Miller Bobcat 250
    2 Miller MM251s
    2 Miller MM252s
    Miller Dialarc 250 AC/DC

Lincoln Idealarc 250 AC/DC
    Snap-On Flux Core Welding Machine

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter
    Victor Torches

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4x4

Proud American Ham KE5TJA

Great response,
    Thanks for the replies.

Most of the time when I fire up the welder the neighbors are attracted to the blue light like moths. They want somthing fixed! LOL
    WELDCKR
    Miller XMT 350
    Miller Spectrum 3080
    Hobart Beta-Mig
    Lincoln Square wave 175
    Victor Jouneyman
    Whole bunch of Dewalt stuff

Gosh guys , this is all so true
    I have experienced some of these things and reading this sure made me laugh

Thanks guys

.......... Richard

Quote Originally Posted by fun4now View Post
    jonnymag
    seems like we went over the arc flash distance equation a wile back and after 50ft it was not a problem. i could be wrong here as its been a wile. maybe some one knows for shore, but its a degenerative thing as distance reduces its intensity or efect on the eye.
    Obviously, you've never been to Honolulu. When average lot sizes are 5,000 SF or less, your neighbors are much closer to you than 50 ft. In fact, you'd be lucky if your yard was 50 ft wide.

nope never been there, my nearest neighbor is lucky to be less then 5,000 ft. LOL
    i'm on 3 acres well a little over that, then its a lot of hay fields and cow pastures long before you get to another house.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Yeah same here, it would take a leaky aluminum foundry to piss off my neighbors.
    SYNCROWAVE 200
    Atlas 618 lathe (vintage 1960) reconditioned DC
    Sioux 3/8 Pneumatic Reversible Drill
    Makita Everything else
    2400 square feet of Sanford and Son lookin shop space
    "Once the spoon flys, putting the pin back in won't solve anything"
    USA 15T, 15V

www.myspace.com/blackbird455

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...5/DSC00356.jpg two cans, one welder