Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: welding cart

Default welding cart

Talking to a guy on another forum about welding carts, or making one.

I have a co2/argon tank for my miller mig 125. The tank is 7'' wide and about 3' tall, what size tank is this.

Also, if you go up to the next size, what are all the different sizes called, and what are the width and height of the different sizes, I tried google and couldn't find the dimensions, if anybody can help me out here, thanks in advance.

Rob

Jigs, sandblasting, shop, paintroom, rotisserie, pictures, little bit of everything.
    http://www.1969supersport.com

Here's a page I had bookmarked.

http://www.airgas.com/content/detail...=7000000000234

Your cylinder is probably an 80 cf, which is what I have. Next size up looks to be 125 cf, still same 7 inch diameter, but taller. Then 150, 7 inch and taller still. Note that not all places will exchange all sizes. The LWS I deal with will only let me own/exchange 80 cf. Bigger are rentals (for home users, anyway). Not sure about MIG gas, but did find that the local Airgas would let me own/exchange an acetylene 145, while my regular place would only let me do a 75.
    Last edited by EdZep; 03-05-2008 at 10:24 PM.

Thank you EdZep, thats the information I needed.

Rob

Jigs, sandblasting, shop, paintroom, rotisserie, pictures, little bit of everything.
    http://www.1969supersport.com

excellent page, I added to my favorites
    Millermatic 210

Default tanks -ownership, sizes and exchange options

Hi all,

I am fortunate enough to own 277 cu ft oxygen and 336 cu ft argon tanks.

I bought them 35 years ago from my local welding supplier (Superior Welding in Pennsauken, NJ). I simply swap my empty ones for full ones which saves me the expense of hydrostatic testing costs.

Superior WILL fill COC (customer owned cylinders) if you have your paperwork showing ownership. One drawback is periodic hydrostatic testing but it is only every 5 years.

A local supplier of new tanks is Kaplan Industries (www.kaplanindustries.com).
    They will sell you a new cylinder in sizes up to 400 cu ft.

Superior recommended Kaplan to me which is how I found about them.

Now, this is New Jersey so I don't know what the regulations are in other areas but I hope it provides some answers.

Good news - My big tanks last a long time
    Bad news - they weigh a ton and I have to remember not to eat beans or chili before I try to move them. - otherwise........................................!

Please keep the photos coming !
    Thermal Arc GTSW400, Airco Heliwelder II, Miller Dynasty 350, Hypertherm 1000, oxy-fuel setup, metal cutting bandsaw, air compressor, drill press, etc.:

Call me the "Clouseau" of welding !

Default tanks -ownership, sizes and exchange options

Hi all,

I am fortunate enough to own 277 cu ft oxygen and 336 cu ft argon tanks.

I bought them 35 years ago from my local welding supplier (Superior Welding in Pennsauken, NJ). I simply swap my empty ones for full ones which saves me the expense of hydrostatic testing costs.

Superior WILL fill COC (customer owned cylinders) if you have your paperwork showing ownership. One drawback is periodic hydrostatic testing but it is only every 5 years.

A local supplier of new tanks is Kaplan Industries (www.kaplanindustries.com).
    They will sell you a new cylinder in sizes up to 400 cu ft.

Superior recommended Kaplan to me which is how I found about them.

Now, this is New Jersey so I don't know what the regulations are in other areas but I hope it provides some answers.

Good news - My big tanks last a long time
    Bad news - they weigh a ton and I have to remember not to eat beans or chili before I try to move them. - otherwise........................................!

Please keep the photos coming !
    Thermal Arc GTSW400, Airco Heliwelder II, Miller Dynasty 350, Hypertherm 1000, oxy-fuel setup, metal cutting bandsaw, air compressor, drill press, etc.:

Call me the "Clouseau" of welding !