Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default My first project

Well I just bought a Millermatic 180 about 2 weeks ago. The last time I touched a welder was 20 years ago. The table/cart was made with 1 1/2 x 1/8 square tube and the top is 1/8th inch plate. The drawers are from an old platic craftsman tool box with metal drawers. I took the drawers and metal frame and spot welded it to some angle. I still need to make a mount for the gas cylinder and some little stuff. Plenty of room for a little plasma cutter.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Congrats!

Congrats to you on your welder purchase. Very cool first project - good luck to you and hope to see more of your work.

Regards,
    Chad
    - Millermatic DVI2
    - Victor Super Range II O/A Torch
    - Milwaukee Dry Cut Chop Saw
    - Milwaukee Super Magnum 4.5" Grinder
    - Compact Bender w/ Scroll Attachment
    - Band/Ring Roller

Thanks. I got tired of watching all those car shows and wanting to be creative.

Nice job! What's next?

John

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by mongovb View Post
    Thanks. I got tired of watching all those car shows and wanting to be creative.
    Creative is good, pictures is good. Life is what goes by while we're watching TV.

I'll start by saying my wife left 'cause of the short circuit between my ears.
    So, I think different is good.

My two questions are:
    Why is the welder on sliders? (I do like moving parts.)
    And why isn't it facing toward the drawers?
    RETIRED desk jockey.

Hobby weldor with a little training.

Craftsman O/A---Flat, Vert, Ovhd, Horz.

Miller Syncrowave 250.

Nice job. That rollout welder shelf and the scavenged toolbox drawers might spark an imagination or two around here.

I don't know why the welder is facing the way it is except that from there I would have equal reach to both sides. I put the welder on sliders so it would be easy to remove and replace. Asside from being creative I am also lazy. Besides that sliding shelf was just taking up space anyway.
    Milermatic 180
    Hobby welder
    No training

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by mongovb View Post
    I don't know why the welder is facing the way it is except that from there I would have equal reach to both sides. I put the welder on sliders so it would be easy to remove and replace. Asside from being creative I am also lazy.
    Hey, that's a good answer to me.
    Besides that sliding shelf was just taking up space anyway.
    I have things in my garage that are 40 years old that I will use someday. Every time I use one of them, I think; "Glad I didn't throw that away."
    RETIRED desk jockey.

Hobby weldor with a little training.

Craftsman O/A---Flat, Vert, Ovhd, Horz.

Miller Syncrowave 250.