Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default more backyard back hoe pictures

Some of you wanted tot see more pictures of my homemade back hoe. This machine has a 1985 hyndie poney engine with a fork lift hydralic pump. The final drive is 3 sets of chains and sprockes to get a 28:1 drive ratio into a narrowed dana 3/4 ton rear end.

Most of the frabrication was done at home with a old 235 amp buzz box AC welder , chop saw and torches. If I needed more equiptment it was at work, shears, brake, plasma, migs, stick and tigs

If there is any questions let me know I know that I will be asking some.
    Attached Images Attached Images

That's the most impressive backyard project I've ever seen.

"Gone are the days of wooden ships, and Iron men.
    I doubt we'll see either of their likes again".

Circa 1920.
    Author:
    Unknown US Coast Guard unit Commander.

Wicked nice work and design. I would have thought it to be an OEM backhoe in passing. Very impressive!

Chad
    - Millermatic DVI2
    - Victor Super Range II O/A Torch
    - Milwaukee Dry Cut Chop Saw
    - Milwaukee Super Magnum 4.5" Grinder
    - Compact Bender w/ Scroll Attachment
    - Band/Ring Roller

Smile Backhoe Pics

Thanks for the additional pics. It looks like a really nice piece of work. Did you also build the bucket on the front?

Default Back ho

Wow, that thing is amazing... but not the kinda ho in your back yard i thought

John

That puts my homebuilt bucket attachment to shame. Very nice work.

Some pretty clever people over here!

That Bob cat attachment is the *****! And I love the rack you made for the trailer.........Please tell us more about that.

Thanks

I don't want to hi-jack more than I already have. I'll put up a thread when I get a few minutes.

Default nice trailer

That trailer is exactialy what I need, actually I just bought the springs for the flat deck to haul my back hoe. The bucket mount on the trailer to hold the skid steer in place is a great idea I might have to steal it. Great job looks super just one question can you split wood with it also?
    Mark
    Last edited by mark.902; 03-06-2008 at 07:39 PM.