Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default What's up with this electrode?

Some guy took 3 inches of stainless rod, sharpened a point on it, replaced the tungsten in a guy's TIG gun. Guy came back from lunch. That stainless sure looked like tungsten, but didn't weld like it.
    Dynasty 200 DX
    Coolmate 3

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Dave View Post
    Some guy took 3 inches of stainless rod, sharpened a point on it, replaced the tungsten in a guy's TIG gun. Guy came back from lunch. That stainless sure looked like tungsten, but didn't weld like it.
    Must have been Craig that pulled that prank.

Smile Running stainless mig wire w/o gas on steel

I got a great deal on my first mig welder because the guy that purchased it new had stainless wire inside and no gas. He was trying to weld mild steel and couldn't get anything to stick. He sold it to a pawn shop that a friend of mine owned. My friend called me about a great deal. I went right down and picked this thing up for less than half the price the guy paid two weeks earlier. That guy ended up going to a different welding supplier and bought a much larger welder than he ever needed and paid a lot more. I guess over all we all ended up getting what we wanted. The guy got a monster welder, The pawn shop got some money and I got started in welding. The only problem as my wife says it started an addiction.
    Millermatic 130
    Millermatic 251
    Miller Thunderbolt

Wink My 100th Non-Post

Quote Originally Posted by root View Post
    And, no Craig. You may not post in this thread.
    RETIRED desk jockey.

Hobby weldor with a little training.

Craftsman O/A---Flat, Vert, Ovhd, Horz.

Miller Syncrowave 250.

If you think your aluminum welding skills have suddenly taken two steps backwards...

Check to make sure you didn't pick up a 308 stainless steel filler rod by mistake.

And, no Craig. You may not post in this thread.

Were you peeking in my window?

Quote Originally Posted by Craig in Denver View Post
    Well if you're gonna mope... I suppose I can see fit to change my mind. Especially since you've reached the 100 post milestone (thanks to me).

Quote Originally Posted by bob_e95482 View Post
    Were you peeking in my window?
    Sorry. You must have me confused with someone from Denver.

Talking Apology accepted.

Well if you're gonna mope... I suppose I can see fit to change my mind. Especially since you've reached the 100 post milestone (thanks to me).
    Your(sp) the only one I'm as smart as.
    Sorry. You must have me confused with someone from Denver.
    LMAO!!
    Must have been Craig that pulled that prank.
    Hmmmmm, I wonder if dabar39 could sneak over to your place and......
    RETIRED desk jockey.

Hobby weldor with a little training.

Craftsman O/A---Flat, Vert, Ovhd, Horz.

Miller Syncrowave 250.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig in Denver View Post
    Hmmmmm, I wonder if dabar39 could sneak over to your place and......
    Buy me a beer?

how about trying to find out why your gun wont feed...shaking the cable, removing the tip, keep pulling the trigger and then you flip up the cover and go OOOOHHHH THATS WHY ...i ran out of wire

Quote Originally Posted by mudsplasher View Post
    Another tip.... do not store your magnesium rods within10 feet of your aluminum rods.

why not ???
    my daddy always said i was IRONHEADED....
    feel free to P/M me