Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Bike Lift

Default Bike Lift

Needed something to lift the bike up, cause I;m getting to old to bend over and shine it up. Found these plans on the internet and built it last summer.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Millermatic 212
    3035 Spool gun
    Miller Spectrum 375

Default Just a suggestion . . .

You may want to narrow the size of the lift table to about 2'. Still maintain outriggers to tie the bike down. Many many years ago I worked in a Harley Dealer and we had one WIDE lift, it was a pain to work on because you were always stretched out . . . .

But I must tell you it looks really nice and very well made.
    Millermatic 251
    Lincoln AC/DC "Tombstone"
    Milwaulkee Grinder 4 1/2"
    Clark Grinder 4 1/2"

Default Bike lift

Its wide enough, that when I ride the bike on it I can still put my feet down, but narrow enough I don' have to reach to work on it.

Works real good.......... can set my ashtray, and my scotch on it while I change oil or clean and polish.
    Millermatic 212
    3035 Spool gun
    Miller Spectrum 375

Quote Originally Posted by BikerBob View Post
    Its wide enough, that when I ride the bike on it I can still put my feet down, but narrow enough I don' have to reach to work on it.

Works real good.......... can set my ashtray, and my scotch on it while I change oil or clean and polish.
    you mean you let your glass of scotch out of your hand???
    what are you thinking
    my daddy always said i was IRONHEADED....
    feel free to P/M me

Nice setup Bob!
    do you have the plans still?
    Mike
    Millermatic 210

Default Bike Lift

I got the plans from this site

http://www.afabonline.com/table_lift_plans.htm
    Millermatic 212
    3035 Spool gun
    Miller Spectrum 375