Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Handy560 View Post
    $800 / hour? He's nuts...

Here they charge between $900 - $1200 per opening, meaning to roughin in 1 sink, or tub, or shower, etc. Includes material for water and drain, no fixtures. Complicated showers etc. charged at 1.5 or more openings...

J
    $800 per hour PLUS parts and the unit

His claim was that "its high tech stuff" and " need to install and adjust the computer".

Yea, that means plug it into the wall 110 socket and hit the On/Off switch...
    Don
    Scottsdale, AZ
    www.savagesun4x4.com

MillerMatic 211 AS
    Hypertherm PowerMax30
    Bernard 300 Amp Q Gun
    Bernard 200 Amp Q Gun
    Milwaukee Band-saw/stand
    10 Angle Grinders 8, 4 1/2" -2, 7"
    DeWalt Chop Saw
    Craftsman Twin-Blade Saw
    12 Ton Shop Press
    Optrel Satellite Helmet
    Miller Elite Helmet

Default High Tech...

Yea, the guys working on nuclear reactors don't make that much a day...

BTW I was looking through your web site...

Brought back some memories. I had a CJ6, I think it was a '74. It had a full roll cage and the CJ6 had a long wheelbase, like 107"; pretty stable for a jeep.

I took out the straight 6 and rebuilt and install a 375 hp 402 from a friends '70 Chevelle that he built a new motor for. Muncie 4 speed with the original transfer case & 4 wheel drive. Custom headers and a vertex magneto. The Dana 44 rear end was the week spot, blew a few of those.

That thing was so fun to drive, would lift the front end a few inches when you banged second... of course if you didn't blow the rear end first. Friend of mine still has it about 15 years later, stored up at his farm...

Maybe I can dig up a pic... but have no idea how to post.

John
    Last edited by Handy560; 03-06-2008 at 11:30 AM. Reason: typos

Quote Originally Posted by Handy560 View Post
    Yea, the guys working on nuclear reactors don't make that much a day...

BTW I was looking threw your web site...

Brought back some memories. I had a CJ6, I think it was a '74. It had a full roll cage and the CJ6 had a long wheelbase, like 107"; pretty stable for a jeep.

I took out the straight 6 and rebuilt and install a 375 hp 402 from a friends '70 Chevelle that he built a new motor for. Muncie 4 speed with the original transfer case & 4 wheel drive. Custom headers and a vertex magneto. The Dana 44 rear end was the week spot, blew a few of those.

That thing was so fun to drive, would left the front end a few inches when you banged second... of course if you didn't blow the rear end first. Friend of mine still has it about 15 years later, stored up at his farm...

Maybe I can dig up a pic... but have no idea how to post.

John
    John, all I can say is WOW, gosh would have liked to see that and even moreso a chance to drive it. Those must have been some FUN times in a "sleeper" like that. I can only imagine and I am laughing just thinking of the "SURPRISE" when the light turned green...Great to hear and thanks for the first laugh of the day.
    Don
    Scottsdale, AZ
    www.savagesun4x4.com

MillerMatic 211 AS
    Hypertherm PowerMax30
    Bernard 300 Amp Q Gun
    Bernard 200 Amp Q Gun
    Milwaukee Band-saw/stand
    DeWalt Chop Saw
    Craftsman Twin-Blade Saw
    12 Ton Shop Press
    Optrel Satellite Helmet
    Miller Elite Helmet

Thought you guys might get a kick out of this e mail exchange between me and a plumbing company:

From my e mails:

To: Mike
    Subject: Quote

I am interested in converting my current tank hot water system to a tankless hot water system.

If you are interested in bidding let me know.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Don

To: Don

Good Morning Don,
    That should not be a problem to stop by and talk to you. There is a $79.00 estimate charge, however if you do have us perform the work, you get that fee waived- credited back to you. Let me know if this works out and lets go from there.

Mike

To: Mike

Mike,
    Since I am asking you to stop by and bid on a tankless hot water install which is about a $2500 job+/- I simply cannot and will not spend $79 for you to bid. That said, I charge a bidders fee of, interestingly enough of $79. However if you are the winning bidder you get the fee waived-credited back to you.

Upon receipt of your payment I will set a time and date and we can go from there.

Don
    Don
    Scottsdale, AZ
    www.savagesun4x4.com

MillerMatic 211 AS
    Hypertherm PowerMax30
    Bernard 300 Amp Q Gun
    Bernard 200 Amp Q Gun
    Milwaukee Band-saw/stand
    DeWalt Chop Saw
    Craftsman Twin-Blade Saw
    12 Ton Shop Press
    Optrel Satellite Helmet
    Miller Elite Helmet

Default Plumbing...

I should have been a plumber... mine drives a Hummer.

I followed the lead of using sweated copper for my air management. I have to taps, one for fresh clean, dry air to run my plasma cutter and another that provides oil for my air tools.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Don
    Scottsdale, AZ
    www.savagesun4x4.com

MillerMatic 211 AS
    Hypertherm PowerMax30
    Bernard 300 Amp Q Gun
    Bernard 200 Amp Q Gun
    Milwaukee Band-saw/stand
    DeWalt Chop Saw
    Craftsman Twin-Blade Saw