Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mm35

Hybrid View

Talking mm35

A friend of mine has found a mm35 for sale, it was used in a body shop,has overspray ect,but seems to be in fair shape. Are parts still avaliable and what would be a fair asking price? I believe they want $350 for it. Also Does any one have any basic info on that machine. Tapped settings, amperage output ect. Thanks for the replies. chub

Cool

Look here for your manual.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/service/ownersmanuals.php
    Type in MILLERMATIC 35 and your manual will be there. I had a few of those MM35's and they are the grand daddy of all the modern migs we all enjoy...Bob
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

if you can get a MM35 working for $350, get it.
    over spray is just cosmetic. i certainly can think of anything even close to as nice for that price. if i had the $$ i would jump on one for that price.
    cant remember if its the for runner of the MM210 or MM251, i think the 210 but dont hold me to that.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Cool

Here is some MM35 history.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/about/1971.html

The MM185 grew into the MM210. The MM35 was just the first affordable mig. We bought a few of them in the mid 1970's at the time all other migs were big industrial size jobs...Bob
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Just wandering where to find the serial number on the mm35?

Chub,

The serial number should be on the front of the unit. The older ones were stamped right into the nameplate.

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by chub380 View Post
    A friend of mine has found a mm35 for sale, it was used in a body shop,has overspray ect,but seems to be in fair shape. Are parts still avaliable and what would be a fair asking price? I believe they want $350 for it. Also Does any one have any basic info on that machine. Tapped settings, amperage output ect. Thanks for the replies. chub

If you found a 35, it will deliver 200 amps at a 20% duty cycle. It's rated for 150% at 23VDC and 60% duty cycle. It is tapped, but you select the voltage by plugging the selector cord into the socket you want, rather than having a switch.

I found one in a body shop, too. Covered with spray dust, snading dust, coffee cup stains, and all that. I asked the owner if they ever used it. He said "all the time!". He let me try it out. It is a very nice running machine. If it had been for sale, I'd have paid $350 for it twice.

Hank
    ...from the Gadget Garage
    Millermatic 210 w/3035, BWE
    Handler 210 w/DP3035
    TA185TSW
    Victor O/A "J" series, SuperRange

MM35's are workhorse machines. There is little that can fail in these units.
    350 is an outright steal for this machine. People often as as much as 1000 bucks for these machines. I consider 5-700 to be a good deal for these units. I wouldn't suggest anyone hesitate for 350.

With .035 wire one can easily work exhaust tube up to 5/8 plate.

my .02

just finished returning 3 MM35 machines to working order.. save the old machines!!

Does anyone know what the difference is between a black faced unit and the standard one? Also how can you tell where the gas shutoff is? Thanks chub

Default mm35s

The company my wife works for was having an equipment auction.I just bought a working 35s for $150 2 days ago,is this the same as what you guys are refering to here.I don't mean to sound dumb,I just don't know much about machines this old.