Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Here's a couple of rear shots.......

BTW, the best use of this trailer is moving machine tools that don't like to go up a ramp easily. I've moved milling machines and metal lathes with this trailer. Up to 2000 pounds...........real nice loading at ground level. The next one I build will have a simple plate of steel or aluminum for the deck. In this way it will be dead flat to load. This trailer has a deck with structure that is 4" high......

In the rear view pictures you'll see the spare tire. That is a counter weight to get the rear of the trailer down when it's empty. For a winch I used a side winder type so I can have total control of the lowering process. This type of winch is very easy to control with a load on it. And if you let the handle go it simply stops. You need to manually unwind it. I actually had an electric winch on it at first, but it was more bother than it was worth.

I'd take more pictures, but a neighbor of mine moving out to Californi bought it from me last summer and used it to move his bikes and outdoor furniture from Massachusetts to LA..........I got the parts to build another one this spring......

Thanks

I like the trailer, good idea

do you have a pic or drawing of the underside,and the pivoting action ?
    i could use one of those
    my daddy always said i was IRONHEADED....
    feel free to P/M me

I'll draw a plan and post in in a day or two...........

Thumbs up

cool................
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Default Drop deck Trailer

You mention that you will post plans for this trailer in a 'few days' back in 2009. Did they ever get posted? How are the axles attached?\\THanks!!