Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Default what's your job

I manage the website design and development group for denniskirk.com

I started stick welding back in high school on the farm, and then got a MIG about seven years ago. I just got my first Miller (have had Lincoln and no-name until now) on Monday... a big 330 A/BSP machine... Now I've got to learn how to TIG!

Ben

Default What's your job?

After graduating from HS in 1969 I started working in a fabrication shop. They started me doing small weld jobs with all the other items that I had to do there. I was drafted into the US Army for two years and then returned to the same fabrication shop. I figured I would take advantage of the GI Bill, so I went to Lincoln Electric for their ten week program. Returned to work for another year then went to Hobart for more education. Shortly there after I left to work in a repair shop fixing equipment for the steel industry in the Buffalo, NY area. With the steel industry closing down, I then got a job working as a maintenance tool and die welder with General Motors. I stayed there for thirty years and recently retired. I taught welding at the University of Buffalo part time from 2000 to 2002. Recently since retirement at the end of last year, I decided to share my experience. I have started working for a local company, Quality Inspection Services as a welding instructor.

I always tell people, I'm just a young guy with a lot of miles. I have a interest in welded metal sculpture and have done some small floral sculptures out of Stainless Steel. Someday I would like to do items like Weldress has shown on the site.
    Skip

No job. Retired. Don't "work" anymore!

My hobbies are searching for the perfect brew-pub, fishing, cooking, wood and metal work, and the "happiness of pursuit".

Hank
    ...from the Gadget Garage
    Millermatic 210 w/3035, BWE
    Handler 210 w/DP3035
    TA185TSW
    Victor O/A "J" series, SuperRange

Well now I work for a crane service as a field service tech. Job includes welding, electrical installation and trouble shooting, mechanical trouble shooting.
    I was a machinist for seventeen years till I decided I didn't like the direction the profession was going. So I managed a facilities maintenance dept for four years then found the crane job. Different everyday no boss to breath down your neck or micro manage you to death. and it pays better then standing in front of a machine all day.
    Now I use the machines for MY stuff I want to make.
    Kerry
    Miller Syncrowave 200 W/Radiator 1A & water cooled torch
    Millermatic 252 on the wish list
    Bridgeport Mill W/ 2 axis CNC control
    South bend lathe 10LX40
    K.O. Lee surface grinder 6X18
    Over 20 years as a Machinist Toolmaker
    A TWO CAR garage full of tools and a fridge full of beer
    Auto shades are for rookies
    www.KLStottlemyer.com

self tought welder, started as a grounds keeper at the local hospital, now im the shop welder/fabricator in the maintenance dept. attending welding voc. school now..

I am a manager at an AIRGAS store in woburn Ma,startred welding in highscholl and have always been a motorhead,and into anything with a motor on it

I am a R&D manager for a medical device manufacturer. I don't weld for my job, but as an engineer you can not have enough technical skills nor TOOLS! I started out in a technical high school and always enjoyed working with metal.

self-taught tig welder who races motorcycles. many parts of my race bike are custom welded and machined alum.

I'm a blacksmith, and sculptor. (Haven't seen that job description here yet.) Trained in the old ways: coal forge, anvil, hammer. Traditional welding is done in the forge, at a welding heat of about 2350 F.
    But hey, MIG is great. As is plasma cutting. And one of these days I'm going to get my Dynasty 200 up and running! I swear!
    But down here in the south of Mexico, hand tools are still the rule. Hand hack saws, and hand filing. And a lot of chisel work.
    The forges burn charcoal, not coal. It's a different, wonderful world. Incredible! And the local version of tequila, called mezcal, is oh so tasty!
    Saludos.

Default Herrero the Sculputor

Herrero do you have any pictures of your expertise in sculpting? I'd love to see any you may have.
    Skip