Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default what is your job?

i just wanna see what dif. kinds of things people do out there with welding
    so post your job also where did you learn to weld did you go to school if so what school

i work for a company called BAE systems and i install armor into gov't vehicles for fbi cia secret service police etc. and i went to HIWT

Zack so you went to hobart. Outstanding.Thats one place I'd love to see.
    Is it really all thats its cracked up to be?

I attended Apex tech in New York. Currently I work for a company that makes all types of heavy machinery parts along with amour plating for a new tactical vehicle for uncle sam
    Last edited by weldone; 03-01-2008 at 04:28 PM.

Working as a welder/ fitter at Ty-Crop Mfg.

Currently taking my C-Level at UCFV, best trades school in BC. Mabye elsewhere too.
    Dynasty 200DX, first generation
    Makita 5" grinder
    Makita 14" abrasive saw
    IR SS5L compressor
    Whole bunch of hand/air tools.
    and a wish list a mile long

Airline pilot. Build fast airplanes for kicks.

Bob

I have worked with metal since High School back in the 60's but only took up welding about 5 years ago. Went to our local tech school to learn stick, mig and tig. As of now, I do mostly stick and some mig.

I work for a local municipality wearing many hats, sometimes a couple at one time. As far as welding I weld to repair equipment in the field or in the shop, on police vehicles or in the station & office, design and fabricate many new items for use in the shop and around the municipality.
    Ken

What else is there besides welding and riding. Besides that

Miller Thunderbolt XL 300/200 AC/DC
    Hobart Handler 187
    Dewalt Chop Saw
    4" Air Grinder
    Die Grinder
    Rigid Drill Press
    Kellogg 10hp Air Compressor

2009 FXDC

Talking

Zack; you got yourself in the right line of work! My high school had a 2 year voc. program that was 4 hrs. a day junior & senior year. In my opinion this country needs more of them. I also attended Ivy Tech for a few semesters.

I currently work for an oilfield service company repairing heavy and light equipment; mild, cast, alu., you name it. Past jobs have included repairing cracked rear end housings for CAT, Crane repairs, shot blasts' repair, mass producing tractor trailer suspension systems, rail car production, bifurcation tubes for hydro plants, pneumatic painting systems, fish bypass systems 4 ****s, coal dump boxes along w various other mining equipment. You can work almost anywhere in the world if you are a competent hand w good work ethics. Learn everything you can; show others if it helps them out and don't forget to buy boot strings in bulk!

Quote Originally Posted by weldone View Post
    Zack so you went to hobart. Outstanding.Thats one place I'd love to see.
    Is it really all thats its cracked up to be?

I attended Apex tech in New York. Currently I work for a company that makes all types of heavy machinery parts along with amour plating for a new tactical vehicle for uncle sam
    i really liked hobart you def. have alot of options on what you wanna do after you graduate from there it was really a great school

I build off road toys!

I myself work in engineering in a R&D lab doing mechanial and fluid dynamics development as well as some mechanical failure analaysis of ferrous and non ferrous materials. I also design, build and repair components for certified and experimental aircraft ( most materials ).

-Aaron
    "Better Metalworking Through Research"

Miller Dynasty 300DX
    Miller Dynasty 200DX
    Miller Spectrum 375 extreme
    Miller Millermatic Passport

Miller Spot Welder
    Motor-Guard stud welder

Smith, Meco, Oxweld , Cronatron, Harris, Victor, National, Prest-o-weld, Prest-o-lite, Marquette, Century Aircraft, Craftsman, Goss, Uniweld, Purox, Linde, Eutectic, and Dillon welding torches from 1909 to Present. (58 total)

Default what is your job?

I work as a welder/fabricator/machinist restoring old trolley cars for the Seashore Trolley Museum in Kennebunkport Maine.