Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Coolmate 3

Default Coolmate 3

I'm looking to get the Coolmate 3 for my Dyn200dx. I just noticed the 220v model. Little more expensive, but both handle up to 600amps and hold 3 gal.
    Why would the 220v be better?
    thanks in advance
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    I'm looking to get the Coolmate 3 for my Dyn200dx. I just noticed the 220v model. Little more expensive, but both handle up to 600amps and hold 3 gal.
    Why would the 220v be better?
    thanks in advance
    I think in situations where 220v is more available? I have the 110v Coolmate 4 with my Dynasty 200, makes a pretty good combo, way overkill on the cooling though, Coolmate 3 is plenty!!

-Aaron
    "Better Metalworking Through Research"

Miller Dynasty 300DX
    Miller Dynasty 200DX
    Miller Spectrum 375 extreme
    Miller Millermatic Passport

Miller Spot Welder
    Motor-Guard stud welder

Smith, Meco, Oxweld , Cronatron, Harris, Victor, National, Prest-o-weld, Prest-o-lite, Marquette, Century Aircraft, Craftsman, Goss, Uniweld, Purox, Linde, Eutectic, and Dillon welding torches from 1909 to Present. (58 total)

Bert,

On a cooler (1/5th HP) pump, I can't see any advantage to 220V. Most times the 220V option is offered for overseas where 120v is not available.

I would think a 220v pump would hurt the resale.

Check out arc-zone. They have a complete cooler/torch package for less than the Coolmate 3.

You also might want to check out ebay. I just bought (as a backup to an old Radiator 1) a new Bernard SS cooler for considerably less than a Coolmate 3. Cooler is all SS and is made by ITW. It's just not blue to match the Dynasty 200. Most all the coolers use the Procon pumps so it's hard to go wrong.

Aaron and SundownIII,
    thanks for your replys! Makes sense! No matter if cooler is made by ITW or whoever, that's what blue spray paint and Miller stickers are for!!!
    Oops! Can I say that here???
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

One situation where the 220 cooler would be applicable is if you happen to have built an extension cord for the welder and only ran the two hot wires and a ground - i.e. a 220 only extension cord. Yes, a rather myopic design but it solved a problem at the time. But adding a cooler it will require a 220 cooler, an extra extension cord, or Dynasty 350 or similar that has a 110 outlet on the back.