Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chinese ATV

Those US or chinese companies are using cheap chinese labor to circumvent the labor costs of this country. So the companies that employ american labor can't compete and have to go overseas, the result is lost jobs, lost quality, and lost skill sets. It's OK though the American business owners can get alot richer, what with not having to pay real saleries, pensions, vacation, health care, insurance, comply with OSHA, meet environmental regs etc.

what is it like 3% of the contry has all the $
    is it realy worth a 5% increase in pay to put so many U.S. workers out of work. soon we wont make any thing, then what ??
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Default Chinese airplane?

Did you know that Cessna is building their newest airplane in China? After seeing that 4-wheeler, would you fly in a Chinese airplane?

And as far as passing the cost saving on to their customers, it will cost 109 grand... about 10% MORE than competitive airplanes.

Default airplane?

Quote Originally Posted by Bodybagger View Post
    Did you know that Cessna is building their newest airplane in China? After seeing that 4-wheeler, would you fly in a Chinese airplane?

And as far as passing the cost saving on to their customers, it will cost 109 grand... about 10% MORE than competitive airplanes.
    What do you think of this outfit?

http://www.newplane.com/amd/amd/601_SLSA/601.html

Aluminum airplane, continental engine...

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Bodybagger View Post

Dont even get me started on that one.....

As I have observed in other industries, there is NO cost savings in going to a manufacturing country like CHINA is now, when you are building a high quality product. The ammount of babysitting, rejects, learning curve etc. etc. that has to be done by the parent company here in the US, plus the transportation costs, add to the cost of the product, and just about level the playing field. What isnt seen is how resources in this country are strained and overworked, just keeping an eye on the China divisions of the companys. Of course then we cut engineering and quality control jobs in this country to save a buck, and now there is nobody left to babysit bejing. Hmmmm babysit, maybe we should send their own toys back to them.....or is that chemical warfare?

-Aaron
    "Better Metalworking Through Research"

Miller Dynasty 300DX
    Miller Dynasty 200DX
    Miller Spectrum 375 extreme
    Miller Millermatic Passport

Miller Spot Welder
    Motor-Guard stud welder

Smith, Meco, Oxweld , Cronatron, Harris, Victor, National, Prest-o-weld, Prest-o-lite, Marquette, Century Aircraft, Craftsman, Goss, Uniweld, Purox, Linde, Eutectic, and Dillon welding torches from 1909 to Present. (58 total)

Quote Originally Posted by trstek View Post
    What do you think of this outfit?

http://www.newplane.com/amd/amd/601_SLSA/601.html

Aluminum airplane, continental engine...

Tom
    Cool kit!!!
    Now if they made that kit in china we could save $500..........

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Aerometalworker View Post
    Hmmmm babysit, maybe we should send their own toys back to them.....or is that chemical warfare?
    -Aaron
    LMAO!!!!
    RETIRED desk jockey.

Hobby weldor with a little training.

Craftsman O/A---Flat, Vert, Ovhd, Horz.

Miller Syncrowave 250.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeswelding View Post
    There are actually 2 broad catagories of Chinese products and not all of them are bad.

The first is products designed and made in China. These tend to be the POS's we encounter.

The second is products made in China but for U.S. companies to U.S. specs.
    There is one more category

3rd shift stuff. US company contracts a chinese co to build a product. The factory runs 2 shifts building said product. then the 3rd shift comes in. they build the same product, sometimes with cheaper parts sometimes not. but they are able to sell the same item for a lot less since they have no marketing or R&D costs. sometimes they sell a black market item that looks the same, sometimes it is a knock off brand, like Panasonic/Panasornic. This is quite prevelant in electronics.

If you've had electronics fail, particularly computers, you may have fallen victim to the capacitor plague. Cheap Chinese counterfit capacitors. You can fix it easily yourself for a few bucks.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capacitor_plague
    Millermatic 180 Auto Set

A friend of mine bought a cheap chineese quad for his daughter used it a couple times and sold it to me.

It no longer has rear brakes and trying to get them seems to be impossible but other than that it has been surprisingly a good quad.

However the first time it needs a major part that I cant make it will be junked
    The next one will be a japaneese or polaris.

I bought 3 chinese angle grinders and when i turned it on,it vibrated like crazy so i just let it spin with no load on it and after 1 minute smoke started to pour out so i just let it run some more and then fire came out and it died.The other 2 did the exact same thing.Also bought a chinese generator and when you hooked up the built in battery charger,the wires melted and caught fire!!!!!JUNK,JUNK,JUNK.I actually sent an email with pics to their embassy here in canada and told them that they should be ashamed to let this junk out of their country,I didnt get a reply.
    Trailblazer 302
    Suitcase 12vs
    spoolmatic 3
    victor journeymanx2
    esab multimaster260
    esab handy plasma 550
    Makita grinders
    Lathe
    21cfm honda compressor
    f350 superduty 4x4
    Lots of bills lol