Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chinese ATV

Hybrid View

Default Chinese ATV

Anyone else buy one for thier kids this xmas! I did and am highly dissapointed 4 months later still no service! Let me know about yours.

Cool

My neighbor bought one and what a piece of crap. Parts falling of it daily. He was always working on it at my place...Bob
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

The market is being flooded.

I went to the Indy Dealer show two weeks ago and it is unreal how much 'Asian' garbage is being peddled. A lot of the stuff had to be one-offs just to attract domestic dealers and reps. I know I get hit with three to five E-mails a week asking if I want to become a dealer for their 'products'. The quality is improving but I saw countless vehicles I would be afraid to sit on, let alone own.

They have bikes and ATVS that look absolutely identical to the big guy's bikes - down to the colors and shapes of the plastics and the placement of gussets and frame attachments. It's un-nerving. i can't imagine how irritated the "good" factories are. KTMs seem to be a popularly copied design with the Asians. The quality is just not there with the Asian stuff and neither are the distribution and service outlets. Parts are made from Unobtainium.

A good friend bought an Asian ATV and has had major issues with the axles, bearings and A-arms. Bearing bores were out of true and oversized for the 32cent bearings installed. I have made a lot of repairs to his 4-wheeler by machining bushings, replacing crappy bearings and truing up bearing bores, etc. It's alarming.

Good luck!

Scott

so what would you expect? You bought cheap imort crap instead of paying the price of quality. The good company takes the loss and pays for the R7D. they lose twice. Don't worry though eventually the chinese crap will get better and the good company will go out of business.

Quote Originally Posted by Laiky View Post
    so what would you expect? You bought cheap imort crap instead of paying the price of quality. The good company takes the loss and pays for the R7D. they lose twice. Don't worry though eventually the chinese crap will get better and the good company will go out of business.

You got it.
    To be brutally honest, China is not a technology DEVELOPING country, they are a thechnology COPYING country. Europe and North America have generations of engineers, fabricators, and scientists, China doesnt.The basic mentality and in depth understanding of science and engineering is just not there for them, and its going to be a long time before it is. When the "engineer" in charge of Ripoff Motors in Bejing grew up on a non powered rice farm using ox-carts, how can he be expected to have a good "gut feel" for things related to engines and precision machinery? They also have an honor system much different from what we are used to in this country, europe and even japan. With the recent arrests made of engineers from china, stealing our military aerospace technology and sending it back to china, even though one of them had been a citizen of this country for 30 years, it really makes one question the whole society. R&D takes blood, sweat and tears just like the fabrication end, and it boils my blood to see these companies have no respect for an individuals or companys intellectual property.....just because they have none of their own. Sorry for the rant, its been one of those days.

-Aaron
    "Better Metalworking Through Research"

Miller Dynasty 300DX
    Miller Dynasty 200DX
    Miller Spectrum 375 extreme
    Miller Millermatic Passport

Miller Spot Welder
    Motor-Guard stud welder

Smith, Meco, Oxweld , Cronatron, Harris, Victor, National, Prest-o-weld, Prest-o-lite, Marquette, Century Aircraft, Craftsman, Goss, Uniweld, Purox, Linde, Eutectic, and Dillon welding torches from 1909 to Present. (58 total)

Quote Originally Posted by Aerometalworker View Post
    R&D takes blood, sweat and tears just

Aaron
    Revision:

R&D takes blood, sweat and years.

I am sure China will eventually achieve the quality needed - much like the Japanese.

Until then, it's buyer beware for Chinese products. Unfortunately, many consumers get a false sense of economy when confronted with the purchase decision. If not for some of these inexpensive goods on the market, many would not have the financial option of making such a purchase.

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by mxtras View Post
    Revision:
    If not for some of these inexpensive goods on the market, many would not have the financial option of making such a purchase.

Scott

Thats a vicious cycle, if not for the imported slave labor crap taking prosperity from the masses and giving it to the few they may well have the financial option.

i got my son an e-ton 90cc back in 2001 when i moved to NY. it looks like a small raptor i think it is(yamaha) it was about $2,000 give or take a little bit. not shore who made it. its been a decent bike for him, plenty of power, good runner. the wires needed sprayed with a water repellent to keep it from dying out when it hit a puddle. we also had the ignition switch replaced in year 2, probably due to too much rain in it. but the shop i got it at replaced it no charge. other than that its just a question of remembering to bring in the battery over the winter to keep it from freezing or buy a new one in the spring. seems like a well put together bike. (probably a panasonic )
    what kind did you get ?? got a pic. ??

2012 we all crash and burn as the world falls apart due to global economic disaster.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Default Chinese products

There are actually 2 broad catagories of Chinese products and not all of them are bad.

The first is products designed and made in China. These tend to be the POS's we encounter.

The second is products made in China but for U.S. companies to U.S. specs. These can be good or bad. It depends entirely on the specs the U.S. company requires. I have had to repair China-built U.S. company products because the company CEO was trying pad his billion dollar bonus, so he reduces the thickness of metal being used in a critical part. The Chinese get the blame, but it is nothing more than American corporate greed. Their motto: "We cheat the other guy and pass the savings on to you."

There are also China-built products that are built to a U.S. companies specs and the company isn't afraid to require the right material. (Grizzly is one.)
    The result is a decent product at an affordable price.

BTW, I have done business in China with Chinese firms, so my experience is first-hand.

Those US or chinese companies are using cheap chinese labor to circumvent the labor costs of this country. So the companies that employ american labor can't compete and have to go overseas, the result is lost jobs, lost quality, and lost skill sets. It's OK though the American business owners can get alot richer, what with not having to pay real saleries, pensions, vacation, health care, insurance, comply with OSHA, meet environmental regs etc.