Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: blue paint

Quote Originally Posted by weld-tek View Post
    tractor supply ford blue is almost exact match.
    HF blue is really close.

turbo38t Guest

Rustoleum Sail Blue. I repainted my Bobcat. Someone recommended the Krylon True Blue but that stuff sux. Krylon is junk. I like a nice finish after putting in 3 hours on bodywork. Krylon looks like orange peel no matter what I did with it. The rustoleum finish came out like it was sprayed with a gun. Dave

Quote Originally Posted by turbo38t View Post
    Rustoleum Sail Blue. I repainted my Bobcat. Someone recommended the Krylon True Blue but that stuff sux. Krylon is junk. I like a nice finish after putting in 3 hours on bodywork. Krylon looks like orange peel no matter what I did with it. The rustoleum finish came out like it was sprayed with a gun. Dave
    Thank goodness, it's not just me.

Spent a good little while sanding off a layer of the craptastic krylon paint after just about ruined my toolbox. Went to Lordco and picked up some Dupli Colour, that stuff sprays very nicely too.
    Dynasty 200DX, first generation
    Makita 5" grinder
    Makita 14" abrasive saw
    IR SS5L compressor
    Whole bunch of hand/air tools.
    and a wish list a mile long

i have always had great results with krylone paint.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Quote Originally Posted by fun4now View Post
    i have always had great results with krylone paint.
    Yea but your vision is prolly a little off by now
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller Spoolmate 200
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX

My dad's Miller BlueStar 2E had the paint fade and start flaking off. He used Krylon Ford Blue to repaint it. At the time, the paint was an almost exact match for the Miller Blue then. Now, the Krylon Ford Blue does appear to be somewhat darker. Here are some pictures of the unit in question.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    '77 Miller Bluestar 2E on current service truck
    '99 Miller Bobcat 225NT for New Service Truck
    '85 Millermatic 200 in Shop

'72 Marquete 295 AC cracker box in Shop
    '07 Hypertherm Powermax 1000 G3 Plasma Cutter in Shop
    Miller Elite and Digital Elite Hoods

Yea but your vision is prolly a little off by now
    I'm STILL laughing...HEY! It's his BACK! not his eyes!!!
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time