Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: blue paint

Hybrid View

Default blue paint

Looking for a close color blue paint to repaint my mm35. Is there a over the counter spray paint thats close?

Smile

I have a bracket I made 5(?) years ago, that I painted with an OTC blue paint (Target, K-Mart; something). I just went out and put it on my Syncro; it's a little light. But, in a dark corner, it would be hard for anyone to tell the difference. Next to another Miller, it might show up. And any one of the guys on this site would b!tch you right out.
    RETIRED desk jockey.

Hobby weldor with a little training.

Craftsman O/A---Flat, Vert, Ovhd, Horz.

Miller Syncrowave 250.

A few threds back, someone listed paint #'s
    098-205 12oz spray
    098-204 Quart

Can someone repost this information for us, I'd like to recheck this

Thanks

Fab tech

Fab,

The 12oz spray can part number is correct and can still be purchased through any Miller Distributor. The quart can was recently discontinued but Dupont now has it available through their distributors. The Dupont paint code for it is C5885.

Kevin

i use krylon blue from wally-world.
    wal-mart
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

take a panel off your welder and take it to a car paint store.They will computer analyze the color after buffing and mix the exact color.I used hardener in mine and it looks factory. My local Car Quest now has miller blue in the computer.They also have disposable aerosol cans that attach to a glass cup to spray with if you dont have a gun.I have 25 dollars in paint,reducer and hardener.

Quote Originally Posted by Miller Kevin View Post
    Fab,

The 12oz spray can part number is correct and can still be purchased through any Miller Distributor. The quart can was recently discontinued but Dupont now has it available through their distributors. The Dupont paint code for it is C5885.

Kevin
    If you want the right color I would go the Dupont route unless it is just touchup then get a few spraybombs
    Millermatic 210