Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: my first welds

I guess Ill show off my welds as well. This is my first run and crack at Tig.

Sorry about the fuzzy pictures. I was told I could weld, but suck at working a camera .

Default Keep welding.

Looks like a good start! Nothing to laugh at! practice, practice and practice. And when you're done practicing, practice some more!

TacMig
    We depend On:
    Miller | Esab | Lincoln | Fronius
    Baileigh | Drake | Eagle | Knuth
    Victor | Harris | Smith | Bessey
    Snap-On | Hilti | Ingersoll Rand
    Burco/Koco | Onan | BobCat
    Tracker | Infratrol | AmeriCast

We belong to or support:
    American National Standards Institute
    American Welding Society
    The Welding Institute
    Fabricators & Manufacturing Association Int'l.

Anderson & Co. LLC
    Metal Cr
    afters

Quote Originally Posted by usmcruz View Post
    This is my first run and crack at Tig.
    First at TIG, but have you used any other process? I hope the answer is yes, otherwise I'm going to have to slap you silly.

Thumbs up first try, wow, great

first try at TIG.
    ..im going to go cry now.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Unhappy Ohhhhh Nooooooo!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by root View Post
    What makes you think I'm not your ex-wife?
    .... .... ....
    Insert Physco Shower Scene Music here.
    RETIRED desk jockey.

Hobby weldor with a little training.

Craftsman O/A---Flat, Vert, Ovhd, Horz.

Miller Syncrowave 250.

Autoset Does Not Work With Fluxcore Wire

Thanks everyone. I'm pretty good at stick and mig, but I need a little work on my 6010 roots on pipe as well as the cap on the pipe. If I do flat plate, fillet, or butt joint welds on overhead, flat, vertical, and horizontal they come out great, but on pipe there nothing to be proud of. I can lay a bead like the ones above on pipe using tig. Allot of my classmates had a real problem going from stick and mig to tig. Walking the cup with tig, just feels natural. Ill keep praticing though, because you can never be too good.

If it makes you feel any better fun4now I sucked at mig when I first started it.
    Last edited by usmcruz; 02-28-2008 at 08:47 PM.