Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I notice every car you picture has a camera mounted on the roof.(I beleive the round gizmo above the windshield is a camera)
    Doe's every car in the race get a camera?
    To all who contribute to this board.
    My sincere thanks , Pete.

Pureox OA
    Westinghouse 300 amp AC stick
    Miller Syncrowave 250
    Hexacon 250 watt solder iron

Smile

Great pics, whata job..........Where is the winner?? or did I miss it? Go 12...

I'm pretty sure they all have the place for the camera but dont think they all carry one. I think they made all the cars a few years ago with the camera mount so all aero-dynamics would be the same. Andy, correct me if I'm wrong. Only been to Daytona for a track tour and was cool. Been to several cup races but all at Dover, De. I live an hour from there.

Thanks again for great pics
    Scott
    HMW [Heavy Metal welding]

I would like to look at their NASCAR builders Chassis..
    Please
    Quote Originally Posted by ASKANDY View Post
    ****, I think I can afford the track burger.

I have quite a few shots at the race teams building the cars too. I'll be trying to do some build awareness posts of actual parts and chassis. Thought it would give a better view of what goes into these things so look for this soon.

Andy
    MillerMatic 211

A Very BIG Thank You Andy . . for posting the pics. they do give us a better idea of Nascar and what happens in the pits.
    Andy you are a great guy to think of us and share the photos with us.

I am so proud to have some of the Best welders out their (Miller), the ones the Pro's use.... Those Miller welders make those cars look good sitting their.
    I had everyone looking over my shoulder at the computer when I was looking at the pics.

everyone in our family likes Nascar

Thanks a lot, Andy

............. Richard

Default To Andy

Truth is:
    Lincoln does sponsor NASCAR but that is paid to NASCAR NOT the race teams that actually use the equipment. Miller has 16 of the top 20 teams.....Race teams that actually weld....NASCAR does NOT weld...They make rules not racecars.

Oh, by the way....if anyone else wants to have this much fun, be prepared to not be home for 22-30 weeks of the year between all the races, meetings and shows.

Thanks for hangin with the new site. So far it seems to be working.

Andy
    I just told my wife that,about all the time your Away!!!Buetiuful Pics!,Thanks,Jack

Truth is:
    Lincoln does sponsor NASCAR but that is paid to NASCAR NOT the race teams that actually use the equipment. Miller has 16 of the top 20 teams.....Race teams that actually weld....NASCAR does NOT weld...They make rules not racecars.

Oh, by the way....if anyone else wants to have this much fun, be prepared to not be home for 22-30 weeks of the year between all the races, meetings and shows.

Thanks for hangin with the new site. So far it seems to be working.

Andy
    I have myself seem Lincoln sponsored teams with nicely painted red machines that I am unable to find in a Lincoln website.COUGH dynasty COUGH.

O Andy that isnt bad what is bad is if you tell some people you are going to spend that time under a car greasy, Dirty and having a hard time hearing your own self speak. That the only thing you see is Hotel room, Airport , Shop. When you can describe in great detail all the major airports in the United States and what ones have the best fast food. Or the kicker when you tell people what you do and they respond can you get me a Dale Jr autograph. Cool pictures but im sure the storys you have are even more intresting.

Default camera pods

To answer the question about camera pods on the roofs. NASCAR/TV does not put one in every car. Everycar does get the housing to put one in so there will not be an aero advantage to the cars with them. Years ago on the superspeedways, they found that by having a camera pod, it would deflect some of the air over the rear spoiler which would reduce drag and the car would go faster. That's why you would always see Dale Sr. with cameras at Daytona and Talladega. He was one smart cookie!

Andy

Great pic's Andy thank's GO 88!!!!!!
    Miller Bobcat 250
    Victor O/A
    Chop Saw
    Porta-band
    grinders
    hand tools