Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool Backyard weld job!!!

A lady brought this lawnmower in today and felt the welding her neighbor guy did was unsafe. He had a chunk of angle and a Sawzall blade melted into it. Easy fix, remove the part and weld in a new piece, should be safer now....Bob
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Thats funny. I have probably fixed a hundred mower decks or more over the years, push mowers up to bush hogs, [father owns a lawn equipment business] and I've seen some bad repairs but have never seen a sawzall blade used in one
    Scott
    HMW [Heavy Metal welding]

Default What's wrong with that?

Haven't you ever used sawsall filler rods before? Everytime I think I've seen it all, I get to see a little more. The bad part of the whole thing is that the guy who did that is probably proud of the job he did on the repair. I think they really need to make everyone who uses a welder get certified, but then again it won't remove the lack of common sense and poor judgement. There is way too much dangerous stuff rolling down our highways and our workplaces. Glad you were able to fix it right and get the lady going again. Did she at least offer to cut your grass for you? Dave
    If necessity is the Mother of Invention, I must be the Father of Desperation!

John Blewett III 10-22-73 to 8-16-07
    Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

Hope he charged her a lot. Those sawzall blades are expensive.

Thats why I like Sawsall, you can do so much with it!!!

Thats why I like Sawsall, you can do so much with it!!!
    i gotta agree but i never considerd it as a good filler choice.. ..aaaah all the new possibilitys that have just poped into my head..(plenty of empty space in therre for them to play)

thats horible, and as said abouve, i bet he is bragging about what a great job he did fixing the mower to all his frends. probly open up a welding bizz in the area soon. with skills like that you better watch out, he could dubble your buisness.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Talking

Here's to Bimetal rods!!!

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by aametalmaster View Post
    A lady brought this lawnmower in today and felt the welding her neighbor guy did was unsafe. He had a chunk of angle and a Sawzall blade melted into it. Easy fix, remove the part and weld in a new piece, should be safer now....Bob
    But, you missed the point... the Sawsall blade was used to cut the dandelions.

Except he used the 8 TPI and everybody knows that 14 TPI is the correct tool for the job.

i dont know or shore but it certinly looks like a 14tpi to me, i think it will do fine on the dandelions.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES