Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: skid pic's

Wink skid pic's

Hello everyone. I'm in the process of building myself a skid, and would like to see some variety of what is out there, I will also put up some pic's when i figure out how, Thanks Dave, ( Edmonton Alberta CANADA )

sounds cool. cant wait to see it
    my daddy always said i was IRONHEADED....
    feel free to P/M me

Not trying to sound stupid but whats a skid

Default Quote

There are no stupid questions!! A skid is so i can have my portable machine in a complete unit so's i can take it with me where ever i go whether or not i put it in your truck my truck on a trailer, A fully self contained unit, Thanks for the interest,

Smile Its all starting to make sense

I found this - looks pretty neat although it may not work as well putting it on a trailer.....
    Let us know what you come up with - sounds like a neat project!

Quote Originally Posted by curiosdave View Post
    Hello everyone. I'm in the process of building myself a skid, and would like to see some variety of what is out there, I will also put up some pic's when i figure out how, Thanks Dave, ( Edmonton Alberta CANADA )
    Dave, I dont think I have any pics and the skids I made were fairly large but it will give you an idea. We have large leaf boxes at work to collect leaves during the fall, each box holds 12 yards so I made skids using 2 pieces of 4" x 8" tubing, laid these length wise with the box, then I welded 4' pieces of 2" x 1/4" angle in between the two pieces of tubing at about 2' intervals, I then added a 1' piece of angle on the outside of the tubing making the skid a little over 6' wide. I then bolted the plywood floor of the leaf box to the floor and blted the prefabbed sides up. It is easily loaded with any set of forks or forklift.

We also have a 200 gallon herbicide sprayer on a 3" channel frame about 6' long. We simply welded some tubing to the side of that to pick it up with the forks.

Send me a pick of what you are working on and I may be able to give you some more ideas or hints. In the meantime, I'll see if any pics are floating around of what I did.
    Ken

What else is there besides welding and riding. Besides that

Miller Thunderbolt XL 300/200 AC/DC
    Hobart Handler 187
    Dewalt Chop Saw
    4" Air Grinder
    Die Grinder
    Rigid Drill Press
    Kellogg 10hp Air Compressor

2009 FXDC

Red face OK I am stupid....

I've been eyeballing the skids on Ace Manufacturing's site..... NICE Stuff.

Another site to check out:

http://www.expresscustom.com/accesso...ools-skids.php

In Edmonton:

http://bodenfabricatingmetalpro.supe.../weldingdecks/

In Calgary:

http://www.arcfusionwelding.com/fabrication-shop.htm

The list can go on forever.

If you have the time to check back in the archives (when they're available) several of the members here have skid units and have posted pictures.
    Later,
    Jason

Professional Spark Generator by Trade.