Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Black Wolf View Post
    Slightly Off Topic, but Thank You for photographing, and documenting, proper welding equipment - ie - Long sleeved denim shirt and gauntlet style gloves.

Many of our younger members could use these images to motivate them to practice safety, and maybe not follow in the path of all the clowns off TV that do not.

Just my $.02
    Are you referring to that Chopper show on TV? Sometimes they don't even use a helmet when using their tig, what a good message to send out to some folks who think that "Hey they don't use one at the chopper shop on TV, why should I".

At the beginning of each show that Norm Abrams has for woodworking, he emphasis's safety such as eyes, hearing and impact. This testosterone heavy chopper show should really do the same, but then they won't be coooooooool!

Quote Originally Posted by Black Wolf View Post
    Slightly Off Topic, but Thank You for photographing, and documenting, proper welding equipment - ie - Long sleeved denim shirt and gauntlet style gloves.

Many of our younger members could use these images to motivate them to practice safety, and maybe not follow in the path of all the clowns off TV that do not.

Just my $.02
    never really thought of that...

That said: I hereby authorize anyone that has access to the pictures and write-up to use them at their discretion in the proper context of welding safety. You may use the information free of charge.
    Don Pryor
    Scottsdale AZ
    Don
    Scottsdale, AZ
    www.savagesun4x4.com

MillerMatic 211 AS
    Hypertherm PowerMax30
    Bernard 300 Amp Q Gun
    Bernard 200 Amp Q Gun
    Milwaukee Band-saw/stand
    10 Angle Grinders 8, 4 1/2" -2, 7"
    DeWalt Chop Saw
    Craftsman Twin-Blade Saw
    12 Ton Shop Press
    Optrel Satellite Helmet
    Miller Elite Helmet

Thumbs up safty first

speaking of safety clothing.
    i have been using one of the leather sleeved cotton shirt/jackets for about 6 years not (fist pic).
    i recently got one of millers pig skin top and sleeve with cotton bottom 1/2.(pic 3) added a pig skin bib( pic 3) to it so its all black in the front.
    the difference is unreal. the pig skin is so much more comfortable.
    i highly recommend it. the sleeves bend nice and the cuff is small enough to allow the gloves cuff to go over it easily.
    makes it much nicer to weld in and makes me want to put it on. if ya get a chance, get one.
    i'm a firm believer in the fact that safety gear is more readily used if it fits well and dose not obstruct your work. this jacket fits that bill. get one and you will use it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Quote Originally Posted by fun4now View Post
    speaking of safety clothing.
    i have been using one of the leather sleeved cotton shirt/jackets for about 6 years not (fist pic).
    i recently got one of millers pig skin top and sleeve with cotton bottom 1/2.(pic 3) added a pig skin bib( pic 3) to it so its all black in the front.
    the difference is unreal. the pig skin is so much more comfortable.
    i highly recommend it. the sleeves bend nice and the cuff is small enough to allow the gloves cuff to go over it easily.
    makes it much nicer to weld in and makes me want to put it on. if ya get a chance, get one.
    i'm a firm believer in the fact that safety gear is more readily used if it fits well and dose not obstruct your work. this jacket fits that bill. get one and you will use it.
    James you bring up a solid point, I also saw where you live...

Neighbor stopped the other day and rolled down the window on the car. I walked down to the car and they asked. Don, I see you out here in the shop everyday and you are half naked (jean shorts and t-shirt unless I am welding) don't you realize it the middle of winter and 55 degrees outside today. I said it may be to you out there but in my garage it is over 80 degrees as the sun shines straight in.

Today is Feb 28 and I just got off the fone with someone in Penn and they asked me what is the temp there in Scottsdale AZ. I said its a bit cooler today, it only 81, it was 84 yesterday.

We had over 100 days last year with temps over 100 and 30+ days temps over 110.

You can't weld real long I will tell you that.
    Don
    Scottsdale, AZ
    www.savagesun4x4.com

MillerMatic 211 AS
    Hypertherm PowerMax30
    Bernard 300 Amp Q Gun
    Bernard 200 Amp Q Gun
    Milwaukee Band-saw/stand
    10 Angle Grinders 8, 4 1/2" -2, 7"
    DeWalt Chop Saw
    Craftsman Twin-Blade Saw
    12 Ton Shop Press
    Optrel Satellite Helmet
    Miller Elite Helmet

Don,
    thanks for the info, I guess I'll stick to using my camera My phone now cost me around $350 couple years ago (Samsung from Sprint). Not looking to spend that again. I'll wait till next year when your phone will be $100
    thanks again,
    bert
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Thumbs up

SSJ: Thanks for your service!

not only does it look good but there in no porosity, undercutting and I have excellent penetration.
    I thought it looked like a **** good weld.

5 megapixels in a freakin' cell phone; sheesh. I paid $800 for my Nikon 3.3 MP, about 2004. I'd still be using it if I hadn't killed it in a motorcycle accident (It was in a double-walled, fiberglass saddlebag )
    RETIRED desk jockey.

Hobby weldor with a little training.

Craftsman O/A---Flat, Vert, Ovhd, Horz.

Miller Syncrowave 250.