Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Apropriate thread question.

When I joined this forum it was for my motorcycle project. Would that still be OK in this section or is the Motorsports restricted to racing.
    To all who contribute to this board.
    My sincere thanks , Pete.

Pureox OA
    Westinghouse 300 amp AC stick
    Miller Syncrowave 250
    Hexacon 250 watt solder iron

its got a motor dont it ????????
    my daddy always said i was IRONHEADED....
    feel free to P/M me

Default Topics

The motorcycle project would make sense in either "projects" or "motorsports" in my opinion. On one hand, it is a project, but on the other hand, you may want to seek advice, etc from the people that would be the experts "on things that go" (motorcycles, stock cars, street rods, trucks, etc) that will hopefully congregate here.

My 2 cents!

Of course, we're not going to strictly dictate what belongs here and what doesn't, so long as it isn't WAY off topic, spam, etc.

Thank you for taking the time to consider where to post your post!

We hope to write some descriptions for each category soon to help clarify things.

Thanks!

Smile

IMHO: Newbie here, but I read through all 8 pages of archives on ASKANDY before the merge. I read through 96 pages of Projects archives; which is less than 1/2 of Projects archives. (I only picked the ones of interest to me.)

I think that 'anything with a motor' will give a little 'heft' to Motorsports.
    RETIRED desk jockey.

Hobby weldor with a little training.

Craftsman O/A---Flat, Vert, Ovhd, Horz.

Miller Syncrowave 250.

Sounds O.K. to me. share your project burninbriar.

Quote Originally Posted by metal-doctor View Post
    Sounds O.K. to me. share your project burninbriar.
    As you probably already know, I move pretty slow with my projects dew to health reasons, but hear is some links to previous threads on the project. I will post more as I get to it. I should have some new stuff soon.

http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...ead.php?t=8514

http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...ead.php?t=9472

http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...ad.php?t=11211

It took a while to find them, the search feature doesn't seem up to par yet, or it may just be my computer skills that are lacking. Oh well.

Pureox OA
    Miller Syncrowave 250

Lightbulb its your call i think.

i think the worst thing we can do is stat calling others out for a post in the wrong spot. lets let the members decide where they want to post the question. put it where you feel it belongs and let others do the same.

if we start telling people this is the wrong place for your post or it should be there not here. before long the bite me's and get bent's starts and we lose members.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

To the orignal poster ,
    its your choice where ever
    when you yourself call it a project "motorcycle project"

I look at forums in away of subjects.and we have 3 here
    but thats me ,not you.

It helps if you make the choice to think it through.

But it does keep the forums cleaner in a way.

Rich

Love the power of Blue
    Millermatic 200
    Sync 200
    Lots of Tools!

Quote Originally Posted by Fortyfords View Post
    To the orignal poster ,
    its your choice where ever
    when you yourself call it a project "motorcycle project"

I look at forums in away of subjects.and we have 3 here
    but thats me ,not you.

Rich
    The question was satisfactorily answered by the moderator. I was just a little unclear on weather they wanted to try and keep this race oriented or motorsports in general.
    Like I stated in my last post, where I posted links to some of the old threads, I will continue to post here when I make some more progress. Whenever that happens, hopefully soon.

Pureox OA
    Miller Syncrowave 250