Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bodybagger:

I agree with you 100%. Observing is one thing, however practical experience is quite another. I guess the point I was trying to make was that with the internet, one can school himself to a certain degree on almost any subject without leaving the house.

Twenty years ago, that was impossible.

A bit like trying to learn how to get a ship with a beam of 5M into a lock with a width of 5.10 meters. The more you do it, the less painting you have to do.

Cheers,

Capn' Dave
    Plying the canals and rivers of France. Plunder, wenches, good wine...!

Default My compliments

BTW, I forgot to pay homage to your fine vessel. She's a beaut.

I lived for 6 months with my wife on a houseboat on the Ohio River. It was a heck of an experience. One of the neatest things was developing "land sickness."

During that time, a 50' steel hull houseboat docked beside us started taking on water during high winds/waves. When it started to go, I grabbed the videocamera. It went down with frightening speed - maybe 15 seconds. There was nothing anyone could do. The snapping and cracking of the dock lines tearing loose and the sound of air blowing it apart as it went under was amazing. Anyone inside would have been torn apart. One of these days, I will post that video on YouTube.

Posting Permissions