Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

If your going to go to all the trouble to make wireless amperage control, make it Voice activated, small microfone in your helmet, up 10 down 5 etc. , im sure it wouldn't be that hard to do with todays technoligy!!!
    Last edited by Pipedream; 02-26-2008 at 11:52 AM.

whats the part no. for the little finger amperage control???
    my daddy always said i was IRONHEADED....
    feel free to P/M me

Quote Originally Posted by Pipedream View Post
    If your going to go to all the trouble to make wireless amperage control, make it Voice activated, small microfone in your helmet, up 10 down 5 etc. , im sure it wouldn't be that hard to do with todays technoligy!!!
    As long as it knows to ingore "other" vocal emmisions that can occure while one is welding.
    Dynasty 200DX, first generation
    Makita 5" grinder
    Makita 14" abrasive saw
    IR SS5L compressor
    Whole bunch of hand/air tools.
    and a wish list a mile long

Uhh Hello Miller,

There seems to be a demand for this thing. You could take a steel toed boot , integrate a tensometer in the sole, use some sort of transmitter built into the heel/calf area (using a freq that is not effected by hf or arc presence) and BAM!!! wireless foot control. Oh,and,make it for under $250
    SYNCROWAVE 200
    Atlas 618 lathe (vintage 1960) reconditioned DC
    Sioux 3/8 Pneumatic Reversible Drill
    Makita Everything else
    2400 square feet of Sanford and Son lookin shop space
    "Once the spoon flys, putting the pin back in won't solve anything"
    USA 15T, 15V

www.myspace.com/blackbird455

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...5/DSC00356.jpg two cans, one welder

Quote Originally Posted by Pipedream View Post
    There already is wireless vooice controlled remote for pipeliners, Already wireless remotes, won't be a wireless tig remote because of the HF interference..
    Last edited by cruizer; 02-27-2008 at 10:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cruizer View Post
    there already is wireless vooice controlled remote for pipliners, Already wireless remotes, won't be a wireless tog remote because of the HF interference..
    But say on a Dynasty the HF is only for starting...would that help?
    I would thing reception would be more of an issue in tight metal shielded areas.

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
    Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

God, I can't spell, been using a computer since they originally came out, still finger typing, anyhow, what would be the point of having a wireless arc start switch. I mean the tig machine is what, 25' or less from the operator to the machine. We are talking about wireless remotes that have a range of 500'

Question what about lift arc ?

i think the HF would freak it out even when just used at the start. the HF inter fears so the arc stops, this could result in a continual on off thing all the time you were trying to weld.
    heck my son's rescue heroes go off every time i weld. i suspect if it was that easy it would have been done by now. wonder what effect it would have with lift arc ? if HF still used at all in that case ?? i'll have to give it a try and see if the dynasore growls.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Quote Originally Posted by cruizer View Post
    God, I can't spell, been using a computer since they originally came out, still finger typing, anyhow, what would be the point of having a wireless arc start switch. I mean the tig machine is what, 25' or less from the operator to the machine. We are talking about wireless remotes that have a range of 500'

I know what yer saying cruizer but when you are talking to the tig welding crowd yer also talking to the "gadjet crowd" at the same time. Heck I've got a wireless MOUSE and I'm staring at the screen right in front of me.
    I think YOU should invent it and sell them to us.

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
    Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

just go outside the frequency range of the welder. Low power Micowave?

I had a bad idea for a device that plugs into the standard foot pedal after squeezing in and out of one too many track cars and fiddling with the foot pedal.
    I am adding a wired on off momentary to the foot pedal as well as a knob adjustable position hold device for the pedal itself. I have a small covered clicker button and a simple 2 pin chassis mount plug that will mount in the pedal case itself. The torch mounted on/off interrupts the signal from the pedal to the machine. Set max amps on the machine a little over what you need, crawl inside the car and take the pedal with you. Use the pedal positioned and held to set % weld amps and change as you need. Use the torch mounted on/ off button to control. Wen not in use I will plug in a jumper plug to return the pedal to normal service. Just like the $150 Miller on/off switch but has % control and under $10. That is if my thinking is right....
    Weekend wannab racer with some welders.