Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

i was working on some SS today so i only tried it in DC, but no dinosaur effect with lift arc in DC.
    tomorrow i have some aluminum to get to. if i get a chance to get to it i'll try the lift arc with AC. not shore if the results would be the same for the transformers, but i'll pass on the inverter effects of AC lift arc and the dinosaur.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Wireless may be a challenge:
    A buddy was using my TIG to do AC HF alum. I went downstairs (in the house) and my lawn sprinkler copper was 'water hammering'. Every time he struck an arc, one (or all?) of the sprinkler solenoids were activating. The spklr clock is on the garage wall, 35ft from his position. It is plugged in the wall for the x-former; it's also newer with the LCD. The welder has its own circuit from the box.

Since I live alone, I'd never have known this was happening.

I have a tag over the power switch of the welder, telling me to unplug the spklr clock.
    RETIRED desk jockey.

Hobby weldor with a little training.

Craftsman O/A---Flat, Vert, Ovhd, Horz.

Miller Syncrowave 250.

whats the freq range of the HF ?

**** we can put a broadband signal down a 60hz powerline why not this?
    DYNASTY 200DX
    SPECTRUM 625
    MM 251
    BWE

LOL thats funny, every time you TIG you water the lawn.
    is it a transformer or inverter TIG.??
    do all the inverters drop the HF after startup now ???
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Quote Originally Posted by Craig in Denver View Post
    A buddy was using my TIG to do AC HF alum. I went downstairs (in the house) and my lawn sprinkler copper was 'water hammering'. Every time he struck an arc, one (or all?) of the sprinkler solenoids were activating.
    ROFL! This reminds me of a friend of mine back in "the day" (i.e. before reaching draft age). His bedroom was over the garage and he had an Apple II computer. Every time he played Choplifter (IIRC, but might have been a different game), his garage door would go berserk. One of the funniest things I ever witnessed.

Quote Originally Posted by jake View Post
    whats the freq range of the HF ?

**** we can put a broadband signal down a 60hz powerline why not this?
    20-50Khz. go for it.....

Cool

jake: **** we can put a broadband signal down a 60hz powerline why not this?
    We can watch the astronauts, live, on the International Space Station. They'd better NOT have an AC TIG.

fun4now: LOL thats funny, every time you TIG you water the lawn.
    That's NOT funny; makes it grow.

is it a transformer or inverter TIG.??
    X-former.

Root: ROFL! This reminds me of a friend of mine back in "the day" (i.e. before reaching draft age). His bedroom was over the garage and he had an Apple II computer.
    Sooo... yer as old as me.

Every time he played PONG (IIRC, but might have been a different game), his garage door would go berserk. One of the funniest things I ever witnessed.

I rest my case.
    RETIRED desk jockey.

Hobby weldor with a little training.

Craftsman O/A---Flat, Vert, Ovhd, Horz.

Miller Syncrowave 250.

ill get the resident electrical engineer on it!!

i gotta find out what the signal range is on the pedal and what it uses for a signal.

this is just an idea off the top of my head do any of yall have electric rc cars? see if they will work with the HF goin. if the input source is like an analog 0-5vdc you could set a speed control to have that range and use the radio as your tx, i sure would love a trigger control on a tig torch. hmm im gonna have to look some more into this. i used to have rc cars and the radios i have were 26mhz so were quite a bit lower than the HF range.
    DYNASTY 200DX
    SPECTRUM 625
    MM 251
    BWE

Quote Originally Posted by Craig in Denver View Post
    Sooo... yer as old as me.
    I am old enough to know that I wasted my youth. Yet not so old that it might be true in totality.

Oh yeah, and Pong RULZ!

What they need to make is a remote hand control like they have now but have it spring loaded ths same as a foot pedal so it would back off the same as a foot pedal and all the learning curve we get with a poor slide control is gone besause it will back off like a foot pedal. How hard could that be. $3.00 worth of springs!!! I think most the hand remotes suck , as well they were probably designed by somone who doesn't weld very much.

Just my 2 cents

Ronnie