Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Lightbulb Miller guys come up with a wireless foot pedal for the tig welder???

I've been thinking about this a while. Miller needs to come out with a wireless foot pedal for there tig welding machines. It's such a pain in the rear when you have I don't know how many electrical cords all tangled up around you and your torch but for whatever reason for me it is the dam foot pedal that bugs me. Seems like I'm always curled up like a pretzl in some kinda vessel or welding pipe on a vessel and this dang foot pedal is tangled up everywhere. so yeah come on guys come up with a wireless remote foot pedal I think other will agree it would be nice. I know some of you may say oh use a hand control well I have they s*ck I don't like them

Chris

Well,

Looking at the schematics of my foot control.................

It would take about $250 worth of parts from Parallax(bluetooth Rx & Tx stuff,and a processor or two to run it all)..........
    And finding someone on Parallax.com's message board to get this done, which might be costly also.
    Dont know for sure if that'll work in the presence of an arc either.

Actually I would prefer a helmet that reads your thoughts and shapes the arc and controls the amps and all that good stuff, but I think that one is still a few years off tho.
    SYNCROWAVE 200
    Atlas 618 lathe (vintage 1960) reconditioned DC
    Sioux 3/8 Pneumatic Reversible Drill
    Makita Everything else
    2400 square feet of Sanford and Son lookin shop space
    "Once the spoon flys, putting the pin back in won't solve anything"
    USA 15T, 15V

www.myspace.com/blackbird455

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...5/DSC00356.jpg two cans, one welder

Considering the HF arc starter is enough EMI to trip arc fault GFI outlets within 8ft, I'm thinking radio controlled amptrols have a distinct operating problem.

I used to think it was due to the circuits the welder shared with the sub panel, but today I tripped a pair of them on the other wall which isn't fed by anything remotely tied to the welder sub panel. Then again, maybe Leviton made them too sensitive.
    Syncrowave 250DX
    Invison 354MP
    XR Control and 30A

Airco MED20 feeder
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 81
    Smith O/A rig
    And more machinery than you can shake a 7018 rod at

Listen up Miller, This man makes a good point. How hard could it be? I'd pay up in a second to not have to wrestle with another cord. Positioning my foot control with a wire attached to it is a pain. A remote foot control that you could attach to your boot would be awesome. Make it as small as a foot and put some resistance in it to where you really had to apply some pressure to it it to change the heat. Sounds like a good idea to me. Adam
    Webb's Welding and Repair LLC
    MM210 w/a 3035 spoolgun
    Syncrowave 250
    Spectrum 625
    Trialbazer 302 w/HF
    http://webbsweldingandrepair.com/home

Some of us have been waiting for the new wireless MIG gun for a couple years now,,, I think Miller really needs to get on the ball here.

Quote Originally Posted by calweld View Post
    Some of us have been waiting for the new wireless MIG gun for a couple years now,,, I think Miller really needs to get on the ball here.
    Yep, it's just a matter of time. I have been doing some experimentation on my own and have had some success in doing some mig fusion welds.

Quote Originally Posted by calweld View Post
    Hasbro and Mattel have the gun in the works.
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
    DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
    Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
    20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
    Propane Forge
    60" X 60" router/plasma table

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTu7wicVCmQ
    Vist my site: www.nixstuff.com
    and check out some of my ironwork and other stuff

i watched a guy make a wireless mig welder before

he set down his stinger and moved the steel on the saw horses and PRESTO a wireless mig welder

i also have a an idea for a wireless welder interchangeable for mig,stick,and tig.....
    you take a gas generator,put backpack straps on it bolt your welder to it pull on the string and start welding
    Last edited by welderman23; 02-26-2008 at 09:40 AM.
    my daddy always said i was IRONHEADED....
    feel free to P/M me