Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Adam, thanks to you
    That was a mailbox made for a friend. Everyone that visits his house raves about it....Too bad no orders have been coming in. (Most people are afraid it's going to get ripped off)
    I made some leaves for wall hangings also. Came out real cool
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

KC1,

Sweet design. Love to see the finished product before she runs off into the sunset!

Thanks everybody I have included 3 more pics.I will post completion pics.when it comes back fron the paint shop Ihad the rearend housing nickel plated a friend of my did it for a header repair
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Kenny Compton
    Cuttin,Grindin, Weldin, nutten better
    KCRacecars@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by 190MPH View Post
    Corey, love the sprints, even being a straight-liner myself. Anyway, here's my ride, recently destroyed when turning off the end of the track and hit by a car that lost his brakes. A new one is on the way soon.http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...1&d=1228085821

That's funny, I like the RED's even though I am "roundy - round" guy!

The first one is this year's car, even though I am way late with the pics!

The second I just like. That night we had a steady stream of kids through the pits for autographs, it was really cool as most of them had never seen a sprint car until then. Don't mind the title, one of our sponsors sent that too me and I was to lazy (vain?) to change it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice looking ride. Its great when you can put a smile on a kids face. My son is 6 and he loves going to the track with us. He's been steering the car(on the winch) into the trailer since he was 3. Anyway, good luck and be safe.

The kids are the best part of the night sometimes! That's cool that your son digs it. I have a bunch of great memories of being at the track with Dad. Bad (Good?) thing is now we race against each other.
    I had to read your post again about getting ran over, I didn't catch it at first. Not something I would have expected! That kind of thing usually happens in my arena. Send some pictures of the new car, the one you have posted is gorgeous. You drag guys make me jealous, your cars stay pretty dang nice. Ours start the year nice and shiny, that lasts about 37 feet the first night out.

Be safe and have a good one!

KC1 - Great looking fabrication! Can't wait to see that one. 600 ci?!?! We're stuck with little 305's. Cheap - cheap is good! ;-)
    Last edited by Corey74; 12-03-2008 at 05:51 PM.

I can relate to the memories w/dad myself. In fact ours started at the dirt races at East Windsor and Flemington(NJ) way back in the 70's. He even drove them for a friend a few times, then go-carts for a while too. I really missed going to Flemington, awesome track. We saw Doug Wolfgang avg 140 there back in the early 80's in the WoO. Both tracks are closed now. He met the Andrettis in Nazareth Pa when Michael was a kid running the carts. Drag started with the family car and snowballed from there. Thanks for the nice words on the car. I'll try and remember to post some pics when the new one is done. It may be a while since it really hasn't been started yet, so keep an eye on the board late winter/early spring. Alot to do this offseason. Take Care

heres a few....

yeah, yeah, I know its wrong wheel drive. lol.

old dyno and now I've got some power under the curve...over 215whp per liter

and yes stuff breaks...this use to be some of my forged internals

this cost me a new differential, case, and bearings...

Quote Originally Posted by kracker View Post
    heres a few....

yeah, yeah, I know its wrong wheel drive. lol.
    [

Welcome Kracker! it's 2 Cuda's from clubrsx....

I think you'll like it here!

Voigt Precision Welding, Inc.

Miller Dynasty 200 DX, Miller Syncrowave 250, MillerMatic 252, Hypertherm Powermax 45, Auto Arc Trailpower 8000,272+187 lb Peter Wright anvil, 120 lb Fisher-norris, and more! Buffalo drill press, Grizzly Horiz. Bandsaw, Edwards shear, Barth Shear, bantam mechanical ironworker, Hopkins fly press, Doall Bandsaw, brown and sharpe surface grinder.

2007 Silverado 2500HD (tow vehicle)
    2000 Camaro SS (Race car)

Voigt Precision Welding, Inc.

Miller Dynasty 200 DX, Miller Syncrowave 250, MillerMatic 252, Hypertherm Powermax 45, Auto Arc Trailpower 8000,272+187 lb Peter Wright anvil, 120 lb Fisher-norris, and more! Buffalo drill press, Grizzly Horiz. Bandsaw, Edwards shear, Barth Shear, bantam mechanical ironworker, Hopkins fly press, Doall Bandsaw, brown and sharpe surface grinder.

2007 Silverado 2500HD (tow vehicle)
    2000 Camaro SS (Race car)