Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default lincweld problem

I know this is a miller-sponsored site, but I'm grabbing for straws on this one. I bought a lincweld 225 a while back off e-bay (I know, not very wise), and after countless problems, I have the unit in my possession with way tooooo much money spent. I got the motor running, but now I have nothing on the welding side. Can't find a short in the coils, and the battery is hooked up. Can't get a wiring diagram from Lincoln anymore.

If ANYONE has any info they could send my way or useful ideas (short of using it as a boat anchor), I would be infitely indebted (to the point of not spending much more money).

try the ask andy site lots of lincoln engen drive guys there, and the hobart board would be a good place also. thats not to say you wont get help here as many are on all 3 forems but it just might be a faster way to get info and the more you ask the more chances you have of getting the info you need ,
    good luck
    and we will let the slip up of buying red slide this time just dont let it happen again.LOL
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Hey crzdriver do you know the year of the machince and you can go to the linclon page your to the welding supply store and that can grt you one

it could be as simple as a wire hooked up wrong or somthing.
    where are you located?
    Jorgensen MFG.
    Custom trailers:from utility to semi trailers i make em all.
    argonweld_bjorn@hotmail.com
    www.ehhitch.com