Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

most of my work is in pharma / Biotech so most of it is high value/spec. working on something slightly different now, Largest producing dairy in Europe (rumoured to be biggest in the world but not sure) everything on here from 1/2" tube to 12" Shd 40 all stainless and there's some reasonable sized gear in here too.

Should be producing 10.5 million litres in a week when all online. they even make the bottles here.

hey anti gma i worked at weatherford too but in red deer ab. but we fixed mills and other down hole tools, also built most of their rental equipment. swivels, accumulates, and cat walks.

like these but way way nicer and they were trailer units.

http://www.tescocorp.com/data/1/rec_...%20Swivels.pdf

also have been working for a frac company called sanjel and we have been replacing and repairing all of their equipment.

check them out some of the units are worth around a million and more.
    sanjel.com/press/videos.cfm
    Last edited by envano; 08-21-2007 at 01:46 PM. Reason: broken link
    trail blazer 302
    hypertherm plasma
    millermatic 251
    high feq. arc starter
    suit case (extreme 12vs)
    o/a torches
    way to many other tools to list

Talking

[QUOTE=arc;10211]hey anti gma i worked at weatherford too but in red deer ab. but we fixed mills and other down hole tools, also built most of their rental equipment. swivels, accumulates, and cat walks.

like these but way way nicer and they were trailer units.

http://www.tescocorp.com/data/1/rec_...%20Swivels.pdf

also have been working for a frac company called sanjel and we have been replacing and repairing all of their equipment.

check them out some of the units are worth around a million and more.
    sanjel.com/press/videos.cfm

Ya, we make well screen for the most part. Thats about the extent of our involvment in the water well area. But we make a heck of alot of it and some prety good size ones too (30" in a single roll). We make an awful lot of stuff for the petro chemical area. UOP LLC is one of our largest customers along with DOW Chemical corp. Where curently doing a styrene filter element for DOW's new 500,000 ton/anual styrene facility in suadi araibia if I recall corectly. Did you like wetherford or not? I don't, I think theres WAY to much politics in that company. Other than that it's ok I guess. But I sure have learned alot about fabricating in general where I'm at now. The second link you posted didn't work, the first one did though. What was that thing? I understood it's use but I couldn't figure out what that thing was or how it worked.
    Last edited by envano; 08-21-2007 at 02:17 PM. Reason: broken link

there were way to may politics there, that is why i left there. that skid unit is for service rigs that need to drill or mill out a hole. they also use them for fishing some times.

how it works: the yellow bowen head is lifted off them lifted up in to the derik . then they use drill collers just like a drilling rig.

try sanjel.com then click on the video at the bottom left.
    trail blazer 302
    hypertherm plasma
    millermatic 251
    high feq. arc starter
    suit case (extreme 12vs)
    o/a torches

Smile

Ya, I'll be leaving shortly for the same reason too (umong other things). I found the link shortly after righting my last respons, turns out the smilly you inserted after the link transfered as well. That's some pretty cool stuff. So if I understand corectly they diagnose and fix problematic wells? Those were some pretty wicked rigs they have. I understand that skid now, it looked kinda akward at first

they are a fracing company they they go in to the well and pump sand and gel, acid, or water down the hole to fill in the formation then the gel expands to break apart the rock formation so gas or oil flows at a much better rate. they can pump some thing like 120 tons of sand down the hole in mere hours some times less. they also have coiled tubing and nitrogen shops in red deer.
    this was the best link i could find that kind of explains the process. it whould take me about 3 pages to write it down sorry.

http://www.okpatent.us/immunotoxins_...g_process.html
    trail blazer 302
    hypertherm plasma
    millermatic 251
    high feq. arc starter
    suit case (extreme 12vs)
    o/a torches

mack
    Originally Posted by fun4now
    i would have to go with this.

And I thought you were going to show off your wife's bust again!

did i show off the wifes bust. better not tell her about it. i could be in the dog house again. good thing i made the dog a realy nice dog house.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

I'm the only electrician in our shop that welds. I've been mounting electrical boxes on a 3-torch plasma welder for Kobe Steel in Japan. Next up are some Electron beam melters.

sounds pretty cool man
    trail blazer 302
    hypertherm plasma
    millermatic 251
    high feq. arc starter
    suit case (extreme 12vs)
    o/a torches

Quote Originally Posted by TS-Off-Road View Post
    I do Aluminum welding and fab as a 2007 sponsor of this Formula SAE car.

http://www.svsu.edu/clubs/fsae/
    What school's car is that? I've welded a bunch on the VT '06 and '07 car. I've got the '08, '09, and '10 car to go and that should be it!! I did all sets of control arms this year along with tons of the 2nd chassis and parts of the uprights. I've got one a-arm hanging on my wall that was destroyed in a small "incident" early this year. Incident means "car was driven into a pole".
    Attached Images Attached Images