Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: My Jeep Project

Thumbs up My Jeep Project

I finally got it on the road! A customer of mine had brought it to the dealer for the brakes. The dealer looked at it and found the track bar bracket on the rear end was rotted out and said it cound not be fixed and they could not let it go due to saftey concerns. He bought a newer one and GAVE it to the dealer. I found this out when he was showing me his new jeep and telling me they were going to junk it when he gave them the title. I said WAIT! I want it! It took me about 3 months of sleepless nights to get the title and finally get it from the dealer. Here is my FREE 91 wrangler.

The brake problem was 1 back set of pads were a little screwey and a leaky master cylinder cap. It finally ran out of fluid and he lost most of his braking and freaked. That seems to be the only problem I found.

I took a 2.5" - 3" lift from a 86 or so CJ that my mom and dad had and stuck it on. It was pretty much the same except for a few little things. Not really as easy as it sounds.

It has been road and trail tested already. It was road tested 1st because we HAD to drive to the power lines.

Check it out.

Anyone know where I can get some free or cheap 31" tires on jeep rims?

Mike
    MD Welding & Fabricating
    Attached Images Attached Images

Cool

Cool deal Mike. I saw some tires in my backyard on my Jeep . I just bought a 1986 CJ7 for 300 bucks, haven't done anything with it yet. Motor is seized, bought 2 cans of Kroil oil to squirt in it, should have it unlocked in a week or so. If not there is a nice 302 Ford ready to go in sitting in my basement...Bob
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Quote Originally Posted by MD Welding View Post
    The dealer looked at it . . . and said it cound not be fixed . . . .
    The dealer was wrong. Very wrong.

Nice work.

i dont think i would want to do buisness with a dealer like that. he must have been haveing a good laugh with his frends when he was telling them how he made a great sale today. people like that give care dealers a bad name.
    if it couldnt be fixed....how are you driveing it???
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

HOLLY CRAP!! that is one nice looking free-bee. i cant believe he just gave it up due to a break isue ???? you scored big time on that one and the dealer needs a black eye.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES